what capture card for setup Onkyo TX-NR636 - Medion 55" TV - Raspberry Pi Model 3B - Chromecast with Google TV ???

• Hello all ,

I would like to start the DIY Amblight also but I do not know what capture card to buy .

My setup : Onkyo TX-NR636 with 2 outs ( MAIN and SUB out) , specs :

- 4K/60 Hz video is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3/4, the frontside input, Main Out, and Sub Out.

- HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI Input 3 and Main Out only.

Chromecast with Google TV is on a HDMI input that can handle 4k as is the Nintendo switch . From the Chromecast with Google TV I want to be able to capture everything I can from it .

On my Raspberry Pi Model 3B I would like to use Hyperion software for this .

Now , as my Onkyo AVR has multiple inputs + 2 outputs I suppose I only need to buy a (cheap?) video capture card ? Is it possible to keep my HDMI cable from the MAIN out of the AVR connected to the "TV in" and have a secong HDMI cable from the "SUB out" to a (cheap ^^ ) video capture card that would be connected to the RPI 3B (HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI Input 3 and Main Out only) ?

My Medion 55" TV has no HDR ( it has one setting "virtual HDR" but don't really know what this is) .

Thanks in advance for your answers .

Kr.

BA

• a lot of questions but maybe you can have some idea from my setup at the moment.

There's a few things in this schematics that is diffrent than yours.

Is it possible to keep my HDMI cable from the MAIN out of the AVR connected to the "TV in" and have a secong HDMI cable from the "SUB out" to a (cheap ^^ ) video capture card that would be connected to the RPI 3B (HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI Input 3 and Main Out only) ?

maybe if you can use the setting MAIN monitor and copy it to the SUB channel.

but no guaranties it will work .

I don't have a 4k receiver ( yet) but i know there's a option > in my Onkyo Txnr1007 you can copy the MAIN and SUB HDMI channel so the output images on both is the same.

No problems with HDCP because it has none and maximum output of 1080P per channel.

hopes this helps you ..

note: the HDMI audio extractor in this picture is not necessary

• Hi Lightning-guy77 ,

Thank you so much for your response . I connected a HDMI cable to SUB out and on my Onkyo AVR and hoocked this one up to another TV (Samsung HDTV) so I had image on my main tv Medion and Samsung at the same time . No matter what i choose , passthrough or automatic , the image output is the same ...good news no ? Can you check/advise...see also the attched pics.

Thx

SPECS:

[Video] TV

input on HDMI 3 (Onkyo) = YCbCr444 - 1920x1080p 60Hz 24bit

output MAIN+SUB = YCbCr444 - 1920x1080p 60Hz 24bit

Custom

[Audio] TV

Input: HDMI 3

Dolby D+

5.1 ch 48 kHz

output : Dolby Surround

5.1.0 ch

• Is it possible to keep my HDMI cable from the MAIN out of the AVR connected to the "TV in" and have a secong HDMI cable from the "SUB out" to a (cheap ^^ ) video capture card that would be connected to the RPI 3B (HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI Input 3 and Main Out only) ?

yes but HDCP chain should be normally from begin to end.

just buy the capture card ( Rullz coffee black USB llop device or else) and test with it and your receiver

i have this one, works like a charm

RUllz loop device

• The best results currently deliver Grabber with Macrosilicon Chip MS2130. Real USB3.0, very good colors and latency.

Grabber with Macrosilicon MS2109 USB 2.0 4K 60 Hz input costs about half and is also recommended.

MS2130 based "4K" HDMI to USB 3.0 video capture dongle sells for $19 - CNX Software
    4K HDMI to USB 3.0 dongles based on Macrosilicon MS2130 video and audio acquisition chip are starting to show up on Aliexpress for around $19 with free
    www.cnx-software.com

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!