LED's flickering

• LED is flickering sometimes even if the video is not moving, video. I'm using 280 LED in totals so I tried to use only the top of the 89 and nothing changed, video.

I'm using a ESP32 and WS2812B led without a PSU. Esp32 is connected in just 1 side of the LED, usb port has 5V 1A (written on it) is 1A too low (even for only 89 leds)? I tried to connect it with a phone charger 5V 2A, same problem
    Should I buy a PSU ? Was thinking about .

I tried to change depth and overlap but nothing.

Last thing is that I don't have a splitter:

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • For your knowledge:

I have 260 HD107s leds and at 95% brightness they consume 10.3 Amps on 5.3 volts.

You need a PSU that can deliver at least 75watt

So to answer your questions; no you can’t with only 1 or 2 amps :( =O

Buy Meanwell LRS types of PSU I recommend

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• You need a power supply for the LEDs and a level shifter + resistor.

ESP maximum output is 750mA!

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I'm newbie about it so I'm asking to be clear, sorry for my dumb questions.

The level shifter is needed because the data pin of ESP32 has 3.3V and I need it to 5V right? I read that you don't need it if the wiring to the LED is short so they suggest to just cut the wire and solder it to be shorter, would that resolve the problem?

Another thing I noticed is that the wires I used are less thick than those of the LEDs, is that a problem? I bought the first cables I saw on amazon, so I don't know if I had to be careful about anything.

About the PSU, for me the brightness right now is fine but I would buy it if I need it to solve the flickering problem.

Can I just shorter the cable and buy later a PS?

Is the PSU that I linked before enough?

Do I need to connect the other side as well?

i found this scheme to mount the level shifter and a PS and I just have a question.

I know that every circuit does need power to work but why there's a 3.3V and a 5V on the other side? Is that line converting the voltage? There's even 2 GND...

Wasn't the level shifter only needed to change the voltage of the data line?

Why the 5V on the other side connected to the PS?
    wled-example-wiring-5v-v3-1024x497.avif

• Another thing I noticed is that the wires I used are less thick than those of the LEDs, is that a problem? I bought the first cables I saw on amazon, so I don't know if I had to be careful about anything.

the more current the ledstrip is consuming the thicker the wire gauge has to be. Before i had only 2x0,75mm2 ( speakercable) for only 130 leds.

this was sufficient for only 5 Amps maxixum on 5.3 volts

now..... i did a upgrade to 260 leds

i am using 2x1,5mm2 VMVL electracable to the ledstrip, 2 cables to be exact ( together 3mm2 diameter)

10Amps is a lot of current so you can't use gauges thats less than the ledstrip.

On the ledstrip you have a 4 wire and two wire, (red /white)

for extra current you need to combine the 2 GND and +5volts on the outside together. >> see voltage adding in illustration

i found this scheme to mount the level shifter and a PS and I just have a question.

this schedule is fine, just connect it this way and it will work.

the diffrence between the LV (low) and HV ( high) on the level shifter will tell him what the increase of datastream current should be.

the yellow data itself is the increase of dataflow to the ledstrip.

there is only 1 GND or common ground, this is just a stabilisation in the polarity

About the PSU, for me the brightness right now is fine but I would buy it if I need it to solve the flickering problem.

flickering can be

-baudrates

-not enough power voltage

-not enough current

-ledstrip not powered from both sides ( beginning and end) separate GND and +5volts

-datapin of ESP can't hack it >> need levelshifter

-gauge of used wires to thin!

-No or bad common GND

and maybe more...

AND YES YOU NEED A PSU FOR THIS TO WORK WELL> :thumbup:

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• Everything can be calculated here.

LED power consumption:

Recommended minimal wire crosssection:

Fuse:

Total voltage drop (wire + fuse):

LED power calculator

1mm2 to the LED is usually sufficient with a correspondingly short supply line. Cables should always be as short as possible.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Everything can be calculated here.

thats a good way but in reality the ledstrip type smd5050 isn't using that much current, in my calculations and what i see on the ampéremeter is the total draw not exceeding 11Amps > 10.3 Amps without the Raspi

my setup:

-HD107s ledstrip

-amount leds: 260

-temp: 20c

-cable lenght: 100cm

-wire: 2 x 1,5mm2

-wire on surface

-brightness 100%

-voltage drop almost nothing

-PSU: meanwell LRS-100-5

Thanks first for your answer.

we hear it from you when you need extra info :thumbup:

pclin

running before on 90% brightness

just tested at full brightness in white colour>> 14Amps, minus RAspi thats about 13,2Amps at 5 volts + Rullz loop grabber

i put a powerline +5v and GND in between the strip now (at led 130) for better power comsumption. :thumbup:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

• no not that kind, you need cord like 3x1,5mm2

This is hard wire you need soft wire, don't know how in English it's called

The earth (yellow/green) you don't use then

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about the wire. What's the difference between the one that I posted and yours? How can I make sure that the wire it's fine?

• Sorry, I'm a bit confused about the wire.

you need soft wire the one you linked is a hard electrical wire >> used for electric in your house NOT for DC current

look at my link, something like that, and use the calculator pclin posted you

like speakercable 2x1.0 or 2x1.5 is already good, remember to inject and/or (solder) power at:

-begin ( always)

-middle ( if more leds than 200 i recommend)

-end ( if the ledfstrip is one piece)

because the more current the ledstrip draws, the less voltage the strip will have at that spot.

if you don't do that the colours will be diffrent from begin to end of the strip, especially the whites

goodluck!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Ambientheater77 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Lightning-guy77 into this post.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!