How to reduce the number of displayed sectors?

• Hi!

How to reduce the number of displayed sectors?

Those. I have a tape of 100 LEDs (WLED), attached to the top of the TV, made an LED layout for 100 sectors along the top.

Is it possible to reduce the number of sectors to 20, let's say. so that each sector in the layout is displayed on 5 LEDs.

This will reduce traffic, and there will be a smoother display (approximately as it is done on Philips TVs).

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Hi ajs

a) You might need to revisit your assumption that this will reduce traffic.
    Even if you logical group LEDs. Every LED needs getting a color assigned; i.e. the overall processing required will not change.

b) Currently, you can achieve grouping via a custom setup.

In your sample case you would
    1. Switch Settings level to Expert
    2. Define 20 LEDs on the top (Classic Layout)
    3. Click "Generated/Current LED Configuration"
    4. Copy all curly bracket elements "{}" five times (add a comma between them)
    5. Click Update Preview
    6. The Total LED number should say 100 in the Layout Preview
    7. Save

Here is as ample for 1 group of 5 LEDs

• Lord-Grey

Thank you, this seems to be what i need, only I had to copy each block separately 5 times, and not all blocks together 5 times. But the result is similar to what I expected.

One thing is bad, the average color is displayed and not the predominant one, and there is no color transition between sectors.

• ajs

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I am currently in the process to add a dominant color feature.

The transition between sectors seems to be a conflicting requirement.

First you would like to group and then have a differentiation on individual LEDs again..

• Lord-Grey

I agree, the transition is needed only for wide segments. Let's say if the segment occupies 5 LEDs, then the side ones, i.e. 1 and 5 output a mixed color with neighbors, and 2 to 4 output a pure color. Then it works out well.

Is it possible to add a segment width setting in the LEDs? To not copy JSON blocks?

We put up 100 diodes on the led strip, put up 20 segments, indicated a width of 5, and you're done. Convenient and simple.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!