Hyperion.ng capture card work only on windows (partially)

• Hi all,

I'm completely new on Hyperion world so I'm not sure if the problem is on Hyperion or on my configuration.

First of all this is my setup:

Grabber with loop (Macrosilicon 2109) <-> usb cable <-> ethernet extender <-> usb cable <-> server with hyperion (Proxmox machine).

In my server I create a machine with ubuntu 22.04 where I directly connect the grabber (passthrough function).

If I do lsusb / dmesg / v4l2-ctl --all I can see the device.

From Hyperion there is no way to see it. I have done some research in this forum and on the web but after one day I quit with this machine.

I changed ubuntu version to 20.04 (Focal fossa) but the result are the same.

Last try was on Win10 machine.

The grabber is correctly recognized in device manager.

Hyperion can handle prefectly the grabber.

The system is working like a charm BUT randomly hyperion hangup the comunication with the grabber (there is no fixed time, could be 20min like 2h).

From the logs I see "The video recording device is no longer present":

Code
    2023-01-19T21:07:31.110Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (INFO) Switching device wled OFF
    2023-01-19T21:07:31.517Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (WARNING) wled restoring state failed with error: 'Operation canceled'
    2023-01-20T06:52:37.024Z [V4L2:MEDIA_FOUNDATION] (ERROR) 0xc00d3ea2: The video recording device is no longer present.
    2023-01-20T07:22:47.651Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (INFO) Stream UDP data to 192.168.10.30 port: 4048

from this moment I have to restart Hyperion (Hyperion, not windows) in order to make it working again.

I'm not sure if is a fault of hyperion when the device disappear but if with a reboot hyperion start to work again I can't understand why I need to manually do that (hyperion should try to reconnect every X ms to the grabber).

Last test (not already done) will be hyperbian on a spare RPI4 but I don't want to dedicate an entire rpi4 just for this task so this will be only a test.

My goal is to have hyperion on ubuntu machine (or similar) instead of windows: less resource and money for the "machine".

If this will not possibile for any reason and I have to deploy a win10 machine, at least a "stable" situation where I don't need to reboot from time to time.

Sorry for the WOT but any help or hint will be apreciate.

• I have also a LOOP device, this requires a separate 5v USB micro injection

It works on HDMI power but barely. USB A out doesn’t power it ( Rullz coffee black 2.0)

If you power it, power it from same source so the PC or same PSU the system is running on.

To me it seems (maybe) not inefficient power available for the device

• This will be a loop out grabber, power supply or usb cable <-> ethernet extender <-> usb cable problem.

The message "The video recording device is no longer present" only appears if there is no longer a device in the OS.

Before you restart Hyperion, check if the device is present.

usb-devices | grep uvc

On the Windows PC, check with VLC to see if there are dropouts.

phone chargers are usually not suitable, phone chargers usually communicate with smartphones and adapt to them.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• Just an update (maybe someone else will have similar problem).

I had switch from phone charger to usb multiple PSU (2.4A each port) and now, if the system is running, the grabber will not disappear (no error on log also in hyperion).

Now, the biggest issue, is related to power save/sleep: if the system is not running for long time I have to restart Hyperion in order to restart the communication with WLED.

Just for test, I'm running hyperbian on a RPI4 (without extender) and seems working better (higher resolution available). I will monitor if the sleep problem is also present in this scenario.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!