Hyperion on Smart TV

• Hello,

I am new to hyperion, I was browsing a little bit the forum and I couldn't find a answer to my question so I am opening this thread.

My question is, is it possible to use hyperion on my smart TV? I know you need a capture card, but I don't want to use an external device for it to work with, I want it to work with my smart TV OS.

My second question

Is it even smart to use ambilight on an OLED? Since the backside of my OLED is really thin and out of metal (I assume for passiv cooling), could the extra heat coming from the led strip harm the TV?

Thank you in advance :)

• Hello

if you have Android Tv you can install an app called Hyperion Android grapper but however you will need to run Hyperion on another computer / Pi

i have an old Pc in another room and i use that app to connect to the pc remotely

for the LEDs i use ESP2866 with Wled

so basically my tv sends video to Hyperion on the old PC via the app and the PC connect to Wled witch controls the LEDs

about your second question i can't tell because i don't have OLED TV but i think it should be fine

• Thank you very much for your answer, I didn't even knew that there was an App for TV. Since you send the information of the screen to the PC isn't there a quite big latency, between the picture on the TV and the LEDs? Or isn't it really noticeable?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!