LEDs Unpredictable Behaviour

• So i have 120 WS2812b leds which are being powered by a 5V 3A power supply, I have installed a blank version of Pi OS and just installed Hyperion and enabled root permissions. My Logs are showing no warnings and when i set the effect to LED Test, nothing happens. My LEDs are just displaying random colours and not all of them are on. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • your PI needs to be connected with GND from the leds.

so: take 2 GND pins of the PI and connect them with the white wires.

that should do it.

furthermore: 5v3Amps is not a lot but enough to test your setup with, you may want to upgrade to a more powerfull PSU.

chance is that the colours will not be even, especially the whites.

• take the white leads, connect them with a wire to GND pin on the Raspi.

there's diffrent Raspi GND pins, take the ones that's closest to GPIO18 ( hardwarepin 12)

so hardwarepin 14 and 20 GND

Ground at Raspberry Pi GPIO Pinout

for the better you connect to those 2 GND pins with the white wire. You need to have a common GND

the wiggeling effect means there's a resistant between the pin and the jumpercable.

best is to solder the leads on the pins directly, to prevent resistance.

• Ok so ive plugged in both of the ground wires and done some fiddling because the connections werent too strong, I rebooted and ive got this displaying. However im unable to control anything withing hyperion, is that an issue with the data connection or something else?

Thanks.

it seems it only applies settings, and changes when i re plug in the raspberry pi. i changed the hardware led count to 10, unplugged the pi, plugged back in and then it displays this:

• the strip is working now, you can test it with effects. You have a video problem now.

Set all the leds in Hardware count

Go to the webUI (ipadres:8090) and go to remote section. There you can test if the video source is visible.

You can also choose a effect, set duration of the effect and then you should see the effect running on the strip.

You have the rainbow 🌈 signal now, means that video signal can't reach the Raspi. So you have to change the splitter or such.

But first try the effects

• Here is the remote section, and here are the logs aswell Here

So i reinstalled hyperion and it booted with atomic swirl then seconds later went to white flashing every few seconds, remote control does nothing. Thanks

Little update, i switched to gpio 13 and changed the ground pins. Now i have a static rainbow effect but again no updates on the remote control do anything

Edit: its almost like they work as i reboot but once the pi finishes booting, the leds freeze and then just bug out if i try make changes

probably better logs Here

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von RedSunMaster () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by RedSunMaster into this post.

• Hilfreichste Antwort

did u use this code.

Code
    sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

looks like ws281x leddevice is ON, also looks like the PI is taking back the PWM soon its fully booted.

Try this and put a extra line in config.txt without the # before the line an save

Sudo nano config.txt

Code
    dtparam=audio=off

For your information

GPIO 12 and 18 is "same group PWM0 channel

GPIO 13 and 19 is "second group PWM1 channel

• now i want screen capture however its just displaying black, any ideas

test Hyperion direct from the source without a tv connected, see if the webpage REMOTE section shows the capture device.

has to be visible there with about 240 priority level.

if it is: go to the screen up right and see whats displayed there, should be a copy of your screen.

if not ( only black or rainbow signals) then check the HDMI cables and/or HDCP connections.

or power the capture device NOT from the Raspi but charger or TV USB socket

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!