Second LED strip randomly flickers random colors

• So I set up my Hyperion LEDs on my 110 inch screen. Because it is so large, I had to use 2 strips. I connected the strips via the default tips on the front and back end. For some reason the second strip will sometimes flicker random colors, especially when switching inputs. Also, when no input is coming in at all the first strip turns off while the second strip stays on. I feel like it has something to do with the data line, but I do not know what. I am using these LEDs - . I have also used a logic level converter to stop the entire things from randomly flashing. Thanks for your help!

• This could be contact problems.

Check from which LED this occurs.

Solder the connections.

How many feed points for 5V+ and GND do you use?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I use 2 seperate bricks to power the strip connecting the ground and data of both in one connector (the default connector that is on the end of the strip). I have strongly considered shortenting the data wire between the raspberry pie and strip. Do you think that would help?

• figured it might help to post a video of exactly what's happening. I notice it only happens when a majority of that strip is black. Any ideas on how to stop that flickering? It's as if the data being sent to that second strip is erroring. Likenkt doesn't know how to process an input of "no light"

20230317_002025.mp4
    drive.google.com

One last thing, when i turn the system off, the second strip remains lit as well unless i unplug the strip.

I also understand your question now. I have 2 5V power adapters. One for each strip. I have one 5V and one ground feed point for each strip. Given i dont see voltage drop I figured that was enough

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Millz1101 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Millz1101 into this post.

• I could really use some help here. I still have not figured it out. Now the whole strip randomly flickers. I added a Logic Level Converter to no avail. It made the flickers less frequent, but they still happen

• Post #2

LED power calculator

FAQ - WLED Project

How many LEDs? 2 x PSU 5V amps?

How and where are the power supplies connected?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Check all your connections. Bad connection can result with flickering.
    Do you have common ground with leds and Pi?

Yep! The ground from the 2 power bricks are all connected. Run to the Pi and the Logic Level Converter

484 LEDs. 2 power sources, each 5 volts. The power supplies are connected at the front of the first LED strip. The 2 strips are connected via the connector piece. Then power is injected on the backside of the second strip from the second brick.

For reference, i follower Chris Mejestic's video on how to set this up. Everything is great aside from the random flash and then the video i posted above. The video I posted is THE WORST experience. I don't even turn the leds anymore at this point. So upsetting

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Millz1101 () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by Millz1101 into this post.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von Millz1101

The power supplies are connected at the front of the first LED strip. The 2 strips are connected via the connector piece. Then power is injected on the backside of the second strip from the second brick

Fire danger!

Only V- of both PSU may have a connection! Too few feed points.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Fire danger!

Only V- of both PSU may have a connection! Too few feed points.

regards pclin

Yes only the negative is fed through the whole strip. Lol, so they share a common group. I will try powing the strip from both end AND grounding from both ends. See if they helps.

• If you connect via the connector piece and have 5 V+ disconnected there, that's OK and there are no problems, common ground is required.

regards

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Yep. So the connector piece connects the ground and the data wire and thats it. I added a feed point for the ground at the end and in the middle of each strip. It didnt help with the flicker. Thing thing feels like a lost cause. Makes me wish my screen was smaller. Sigh

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!