Is it possible to use a tv-box instead of a raspberry pi?

• Hello. I was recently using a light kit from aliexpress that works with arduino for about $20. He used it together with a tv-box with coreelec and hyperion. Now I have switched to Android tv and it doesn't work for me.

Would it be possible to replace a raspberry pi with the aliexpress kit and the tv-box with coreelec with hyperion? I have read that in order to use it with an Android TV and be able to watch content like Netflix, hbo, prime video, etc., you need a splitter with dchp.

I have seen that the ones you recommend in the forum are for 4k, and in my case my tv is 720p. Is there any other cheaper splitter model for that resolution? Is there a capturer that has a splitter included and works for this purpose?

• At 720p you don't have to pay much attention, a loop out grabber with a macrosilicon chip will probably be enough.

Netflix, hbo, prime video, etc. use DRM and that needs to be decrypted by the playing device.

You probably won't have any problems with HDCP unless you have a BluRay player, for example.

But I still don't quite understand what you want to do.

Which devices do you use exactly, how connected?

On which device should Hyperion run, which OS, coreelec version?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks for answering. Could a loop capturer like this be worth it?

€ 10,02 15%de DESCUENTO | Rullz-tarjeta de captura de vídeo 4K, 60Hz, HDMI, TV Loop, 1080P, placa de grabación de juegos, caja de transmisión en vivo, USB 2,0, Grabber 3,0 para cámara PS4
    € 10,02 15%de DESCUENTO | Rullz-tarjeta de captura de vídeo 4K, 60Hz, HDMI, TV Loop, 1080P, placa de grabación de juegos, caja de transmisión en vivo, USB…
    a.aliexpress.com

Regarding the connections, I would like to know if it is possible to use the hyperion version of coreelec. Before I used the tv-box with coreelec and the hyperion addon, and the Led lights were connected to a box with an arduino, and this connected by usb to the tv-box. I would like to know if I could connect that tv-box via usb to the capture device, and then the Google TV connected to the hdmi of the capture device and configure it to work like this, without having to buy a raspberry. I suppose the hyperion server will work the same, the only thing that instead of connecting the leds to the raspberry pin, I would connect the leds to the arduino, and the arduino to the tv-box. I don't know if this is possible

• I don't know if I explained myself well, I leave you an image.

I don't know if it's possible to connect it like this. The arduino with the lights is this kit that I already have installed on the TV.

I would also like to know if the grabber that I put above would be used to watch netflix, hbo, etc. at 720p and 60hz

• AndroidTV Box is your only source. If there Netflix and CO. is played, the Ambilight will also work.

I can't say whether that works with the TV box with Coreelec and Hyperion.

Otherwise it could work like this.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• The way you drew that it might work.

I don't know the TV box Coreelec with Hyperion and Arduino combination, so I can't say if it works.

Everything your Android TV delivers to the grabber with loop out in 720p should work with picture and Ambilight.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• The way you drew that it might work.

I don't know the TV box Coreelec with Hyperion and Arduino combination, so I can't say if it works.

Everything your Android TV delivers to the grabber with loop out in 720p should work with picture and Ambilight.

regards pclin

Thank you very much for the help. I think it should work, just choose USB-adalight in the controller type instead of ws281x.

I said that the TV works at 720p, but I don't know why many times the resolution gives me 1080p even if it is false. The capture with loop that I have put above, will it also work at 1080p for DRM content (netflix, hbo, etc)? Do I need a different one?

• There are no grabbers that can DRM!

The source device must be capable of DRM!

Although USB-Adalight is the right choice, it is only conditionally recommended for your LED, unfortunately you cannot set the required baud rate. Arduino actually also has too little power and memory.

Arduino vs ESP8266 vs ESP32 Microcontroller Comparison
    This article is a microcontroller comparison of in total 8 Arduino and ESP8266 based boards. I show you what is the best one for your project.
    diyi0t.com

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Sorry, I'm not very clear what I need to be able to watch content with DRM like Netflix or hbo. I have a mi box 3 and I don't know if I need a splitter with the rullz loop capturer or not.Sorry, I'm not very clear on the concepts of what I need to be able to watch DRM content like Netflix or hbo. I have a mi box 3 and I don't know if I need a splitter with the rullz loop capturer or not.

• Can you watch Netflix or other DRM content on the TV? If so, everything is OK and will also work with LoopOut Grabber or Splitter. The mi box 3 must be able to process DRM and then outputs image and sound via HDMI without DRM.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Can you watch Netflix or other DRM content on the TV? If so, everything is OK and will also work with LoopOut Grabber or Splitter. The mi box 3 must be able to process DRM and then outputs image and sound via HDMI without DRM.

regards pclin

OK thanks. So it works for me with the loop capturer. What I don't understand is why people use a splitter + capturer. Is it just because they have 4k TVs?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, 4K 60Hz, HDCP2.2 EDID Management maybe CEC and/or ARC/eARC.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Hello. Today I received the €20 Amazon capture card and it works perfect! I have used a tv box s905x with coreelec and hyperion-NG, and the aliexpress kit of the led strip with the arduino. This combination is much cheaper than a raspberry pi 3 or 4, you don't have to buy a memory card or power supply and the tv box only costs €20.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!