First Hyperion project

• Hi everybody,

I'm new to hyperion and I'm seeking for some assistance. I've read the online documentation but I still have some questions.
    I'd like to use hyperion ambilight effect on my windows 11 PC monitor.
    My project is to use a SK6812 Led strip, connected to a esp32 running WLED. The led strip will be powered by a 5V Power Supply, and the esp board connected to the PC via a USB cable.

Questions:
    - Will this setup work? Do I need anything else?
    - Will I need to use a screen grabber?

- Will this setup work with Kodi?

Thanks a lot for your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Common Ground.

Yes you always need a grabber. You want to install Hyperion on the PC? There are internal and external grabbers or the possibility of a USB grabber. This can also work with kodi.

Getting Started - WLED Project

Release Hyperion 2.0.15 · hyperion-project/hyperion.ng
    Hyperion's February release provides you with the latest updates and fixes. Key new features: You can now stream to a dedicated WLED segment, put Hyperion in…
    github.com

Hyperion Screen Capture (Windows Grabber)
    Screen capture program for Hyperion ambilight. Updated to support DirectX 11, multiple displays and multiple Hyperion servers.
    sabaatworld.github.io

regards pclin

• Thanks a lot for yout reply. Yes, I will install hyperion on a windows PC and I'd like to achieve the ambilight effect on its monitor.

I'm familiar with WLED and I know how to connect power suplly, led strip and esp32 board.

So, adding a grabber will complete my setup, right?

I'm also not sure if I understand the difference between the different grabbers you mentioned. By internal you mean the one used by hyperion?

Can you clarify a little bit, please?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hyperion has a Windows Grabber built in, and alternatively there is Hyperion Screen Capture (Windows Grabber).

You should just install and test it. ;)

I am happy about feedback.

regards pclin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!