Hyperion and Wled segments problems.

• Hi guys, i have a esp32 with led strip ws2812.

Im trying to do an "ambilight" for my gaming setup.

I have 274 led divided by segments, named "Desk" and a segment for each side of the monitor created on Wled.

On hyperion, i created 4 instances (desk and One for each side of the monitor). Om the instance "desk" i have 184 led, After configured layout and clicked save, the ambilight works great. But the problems occur when i want to configure the other instances. For example, when i choose bottom monitor instance, then i select bottom monitor segment, set the layout and click save, the old instance don't work. In fact works only the last saved instance. There is a way to set multiple instance with each segment that works together?

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
    • Offizieller Beitrag

One WLED only support one segment to be streamed to.

As you anyway want to stream to the other segment, you might want to rethink segmentations or layout and/or have an alternate preset.

E.g. if you would like to have desk excluded from streaming, define a desk segment and one for the rest. In Hyperion you then define one instance for „rest“ layout including top, bottom, left, right.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe you illustrate to which segments, you would like to stream to and which you do not? If you want to stream to all LEDs from Hyperion, just have segmentation streaming disabled in WLED and define a proper layout.

• Each side of the desk must be synchronized with each side of the monitor, leftD with leftM - topD with topM and so on (except the bottom of the monitor).

The last led of the desk is the Number 184, while 185 is the First led of the monitor, both are linked together thanks a connector and a 3 PIN wire. I have attached the "schema" Just for a Better knowing. In any case THANKS, both for this wonderful project and because you gave me some ideas too. Probably i only Need to play around with the design on hyperion, but honestly i think that a new esp32 only for monitor is a Better idea maybe.

• Hilfreichste Antwort
    • Offizieller Beitrag

You can achieve you setup with one ESP and just Hyperion layout, under the assumption that desk and monitor should be streamed.
    Only in case you would e.g. have the Monitor LED streamed by Hyperion and the desk LEDs off or running a WLED effect, you would stream to a WLED segment (here monitor).

To stream all LEDs with desk and monitor, you need to create two layouts and have them merged as a custom layout.
    Hyperion is perfectly fine to map one screen area to multiple LEDs (more on LED-Layout).

For this setup,have segment streaming disabled in WLED.
    Hyperion should show:

Now get the layout done for your setup:

1. Define the layout for your desk
    (modify the numbers as required

2. Open section "Generated/Current LED Configuration"
    and copy content (including opening curly bracket to last closing curly bracket) into an editor

3. Define the layout for your monitor

4. Join both layouts

Now insert the desk layout before the monitor layout

5. Update preview

6. Save layout

Note: For your convenience, you find the layout I did attached.

• riioKen

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!