What would be a good LED choice to use over network?

• Hi, I wanted to make myself a simple Hyperion.NG setup running completely off of my LG by rooting it, putting PicCap on and then also Hyperion.NG since apparently that also exists for webOS now. My problem is just in finding fitting LEDs. I really don't understand any of the talk about ESP32 I've read here, and know from experience I am no good with a soldering iron, also just don't own one, but the cololight ones I currently use are far too dark for my taste and barely visible to me, which is disappointing considering my previous LEDs could illuminate my entire room from behind my TV

• The LEDs are connected to an ESP32 controller, WLED software runs on the ESP and, in addition to Ambilight, enables many effects, SoundReactive, control.

It's best to look for a finished board, possibly with prepared LEDs. Insanlight, QuinLED etc.

The 'best' LEDs are currently. SK6812 RGBW LED 60 LED/m very good colors and brightness.

For PicCap on the LG, an ESP32 with Ethernet is best.

In addition to the LEDs and ESP you need a suitable power supply and level shifter. The best thing to do is to find out more from WLED and QuinLED there and the Hyperion documentation, the search here in the forum, if there are still any questions you can ask them here.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• And I can certainly do that without any soldering? I don't really have a soldering iron, and after 6 months of just getting yelled at in school, I'd rather not engage in it again just for LEDs. Most of the stuff I can find seems to need some kind of soldering. I do have a breadboard and some wires for my Rasppi that I never use that I could use in case that works as well

So as I understand I could just combine something like this with a 5V or 12V power supply via cables and as long as I can get a light strip with already soldered cables, I just need something to hold it all together?

The Module I found: https://www.roboter-bausatz.de…t-ethernet-bluetooth-wifi

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Spookdot () aus folgendem Grund: Ein Beitrag von Spookdot mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt.

• WT32-ETH01 will work but is intended for soldering.

At QuinLED, WLED-Shop or Insanelight you can also get boards ready to use.

You can also 'bend' LED strips. The LED connectors that are available are usually not recommended.

Wago terminals for the lines from the PSU to the Stripe.

Soldering isn't difficult either, and a soldering iron and electronic solder don't cost much.

Welcome to WLED - WLED Project

regards pclin

• I'm not worried about bending them, this would be my third light strip in total. I don't really understand the offers on those sites you mentioned. Those at QuinLED are pre-assembled but don't really offer Ethernet without the same pins as the WT32-ETH01. At Insanelight I can only find the Wemos D1 Mini which also seems kind of confusing for me since it mentions only having 112 LEDs no matter the length? And WLED shop seems to have an overkill Board with two LAN ports
    I personally already have a breadboard, and some cables that look like those pins on the WT32-ETH01, so I was hoping I could just stick it in there and put some cables in as well, especially since I have no idea what kind of cables I need for those wago Terminals

And while Soldering might be simple and or cheap, I have no space to store a soldering iron right now, and I wouldn't be using it any further after that right now, and I had it in school 6 months, I only got complained about, I'd rather not involve with it again, if possible

The breadboard is like this: AUKENIEN Breadboard Tie Points Steckplatine Steckbrett with similar cables although male to male only

• QuinLED-ESP32 specifications    (custom ESP32 board for controllers or projects!)

QuinLED-ESP32-ABE (Ethernet version) information

WLED.SHOP/Insanelights a board with ESP32 ETH level shifter and other options is currently being developed and should come.

Here you will find a good overview of the hardware.

Compatible Hardware - WLED Project

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• So just, combine for example this one https://shop.allnetchina.cn/pr…er?variant=39297009778790 since I only need one LED strip that I would glue behind my TV, with a power supply and of course the LED strip, and then connect Ethernet and I am done? And can I use a breadboard or am I going to be required to solder things? Because a soldering iron will only catch dust with me after this, because I right now just don't have the time or interest for soldering related projects, that's why I'd rather not engage with that

• Zitat von Spookdot

So just, combine for example this one https://shop.allnetchina.cn/pr…er?variant=39297009778790 since I only need one LED strip that I would glue behind my TV, with a power supply and of course the LED strip, and then connect Ethernet and I am done?

Yes well done.

breadboard is possible.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!