Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'Access is denied.'

• I have a very simple set up:

Windows 10 + Hyperion + Adalight on Arduino Uno all running locally

After upgrading to 2.0.15 on Windows 10, Hyperion is unable to communicate with Adalight. It seems to have broken something in Windows, because I have tried to completely remove Hyperion and all settings and install new instance and configure from scratch with no success. I think the error is this:

2023-03-30T22:22:10.825Z [LEDDEVICE] (INFO) Identify adalight, device: COM2

2023-03-30T22:22:10.825Z [LEDDEVICE] (INFO) Opening UART: COM2

2023-03-30T22:22:10.827Z [LEDDEVICE] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'Access is denied.'

This is not a hardware issue, because I can run OpenRGB and operate the LEDs just fine, only Hyperion stopped working.

I have tried downgrading to 2.0.14 and older, and still was unable to get Hyperion to access the LEDs.

I do not run Hyperion on startup, and I am not running anything else that may access the COM port. It used to all work fine, until after the upgrade.

• Ah~ I can't get it working... I don't know who to blame... was it a Windows update that broke the thing, or Hyperion update broke it... This is a PC that I only turn on a couple of times a week to unwind and play games, but I seem to spend almost my entire time on this fixing things instead... Why can't they just leave the damn thing alone!

I only have a couple of games that require Windows, otherwise I'm completely out of Microsoft ecosystem. I work in the IT industry, how do regular civilians live with this?

• Today I moved the computer to another room and after disconnecting and connecting the Arduino a couple of times then Hyperion magically started to work. However the capture delay is very laggy. I have baud rate at 115200, and live output of the video seems ok, but the LED lights respond slow. This used to work fine before. Not sure where to start looking. Any ideas?

• There seems to be a problem with the Arduino.

Arduino is not suitable for APA 102, you need a baud rate 4 Mbs.

Furthermore, an Arduino has too little power, CPU, Ram. It is best to use an ESP32 with Eth. and WLED software to control the LEDs. Then you also have more effects that you can use and much more.

An Arduino is therefore not able to operate many LEDs and high FPS.

Arduino vs ESP8266 vs ESP32 Microcontroller Comparison
    This article is a microcontroller comparison of in total 8 Arduino and ESP8266 based boards. I show you what is the best one for your project.
    diyi0t.com

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Thanks for the reply. I have found workaround for this "Access Denied" error in Windows 10 (and Linux). It seems that if under Network Services "API Authentication" is checked then I get the " (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'adalight' signals error: 'Access is denied.'"

This is strange, it used to work fine with this checked before, but now suddenly it needs to be turned off.

In the mean time I have given up on Windows on this machine and running Linux now. Hyperion works much faster and the lag is minimal. I can reproduce the API Authentication bug(?) in Linux as well, so I just block ports on Firewall just in case and run this without the option.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!