Odroid C4 ws281x support

• I have an Odroid C4 that I am trying to get working with a 5V 4m LED strip. I installed Hyperion under Odroid's default Ubuntu Mate OS. I ran sudo updateHyperionUser -u root to use ws281x. I am not sure which pin to use, right now I'm plugged into pin 12 (labelled 12 PWM_E GPIOX.16 (#492) I(P/U)) and have 14 plugged into the ground on the 5V supply.

I'm not sure if that's correct, currently the first LED is green and that's it. In the logs this message repeats endlessly:

Code
    2023-04-03T01:42:37.890Z [LEDDEVICE|First LED Hardware instance] (ERROR) Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Failed to open. Error message: Hardware revision is not supported'

Install info:

• Zur hilfreichsten Antwort springen
  • Hardware revision is not supported

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

travis

Hyperion makes use of an external ws281x library

The error "Hardware revision is not supported" comes from the given library.

Maybe you ask there, if you specific board could/will be supported.

Nevertheless, you can make still use of the other available features of Hyperion.

You might want exploring to make use of an ESP running WLED where your ws281x LED are connected or

making use of the new feature of FTDI device support.

I would suggest you check with the Hyperion Forum, as there are various ways how people run Hyperion out there....

• Lord-Grey ok, thanks for the tips! I'll submit a github issue for Odroid C4 support.

In the meantime, I have a spare arduino uno, a few WeMos ESP8266 D1s, and a couple different FTDI adapters and maybe I can get one of them to work for me.

• pclin

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.
  • 256 LED is too much for arduino, ESP8266 up to 30 FPS.

ESP32 is best, there you have almost no limitation.

WLED software for the ESP then gives you many great options.

With the FTDI adapter there is no additional software like WLED, and is limited to 3 stripe types.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will work, via WiFi.

Getting Started - WLED Project

regards pclin

• Update! I made a little board that uses a level shifter and ESP32.

Even though I'm just using 1 channel right now, I added in support for four since the level-shifter supports four, added the optional resistors in their own channels, and then added a couple of buttons because there was room on the board.

I have WLED 0.13.3. It functions ok, but there is about half a second of lag between what I see on my screen and the background lights. Is there a way to make there be less of a delay or make the transitions smoother?

• Hilfreichste Antwort

Choose the lowest resolution for the grabber, max. 30 FPS.

Turn off LED Preferences Transitions in WLED.

Turn off Smoothing in Hyperion Image Processing or adjust the values.

regards pclin

• travis

Hat einen Beitrag als hilfreichste Antwort ausgewählt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!