Newbie - How To Run Commands

• Hi together,

absolutely new to this topic and decided to build my own hyperion setup. As many others I´m facing issues with the WS2812B LEDs as only one green LED is lighting up with the following error log: Device disabled, device 'ws281x' signals error: 'Hyperion must run with "root" privileges for this device. Current user is: "hyperion"'

The proposed solution is to run the following command: sudo updateHyperionUser -u root

But how do I actually run this command, is there some place in the WebUI where I can enther this or do I have to connect to my Pi4 via SSH (by doing that I get Port22: conenction refused)?

Maybe someone can help me with this :/

• Hi Lord-Grey,

ssh is enabled by placing the file onto the sd card, but the message still says "port 22: Connection refused" after putting in the command ssh hyperion@"IP" (macOS Terminal)

Best regards

• Connection refused while connecting to SSH servers.

There could be several reasons behind the error like the SSH service is inactive, the port is blocked by UFW firewall, the server is using a different port, or because of some IP conflict.

I suspect the SSH service is still inactive, check again whether the ssh file is present in the "boot" partition.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!