I've come back from holiday and my LEDs are flashing.

• Test with colors red, green, blue and white.

Is it all LEDs or always the same when testing the colors. It looks like a contact problem.

Possible cold solder joint or aging.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• I've tried with the app to set solid colours but nothing changes. The solid colours don't come on any of the LEDs

It is affecting from the first LED so I can't tell from what point it's potentially damaged.

• Is only one instance not working?

< ----- Configured Instances ------------------ >

0: Hyperion, Running: true

1: TV Turned to Kitchen, Running: true

2: Hyperion Xmas Tree, Running: true

0: 75 LED ws2801

1: 75 LED ws2801

2: 50 LED wled

Check all connections.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    -

Ambilight for ever

• To explain my setup, 2 of the instances are using the same LEDs and get switched when the TV is turned (activated by a contact sensor), one config for when the TV is facing the living room (the default) "Hyperion" and the other for when the TV is facing the kitchen "TV Turned to Kitchen" - this is effectively to change the colour correction when the TV is turned as one side is closer to the wall.

Both of these instances are affected because they are the same string of 75 LEDs connected to the Raspberry Pi

The other "Hyperion Xmas Tree" is a WLED ESP32 board is working normally.

I have a basic multimeter, Is there a way to identify where an LED may have failed?

This was all working fine up until last week.

• Both 75' instances are running true, switch one off!

The instance wled works normally is good so no fundamental problem with Hyperion.

With the multimeter you can measure whether 5V and GND are present everywhere, measure the power supply at various points on the LED stripe.

Did you turn everything off during the holiday week? Then it can happen if everything else is used regularly, the power pack has age-related problems when switching on, or contacts no longer work properly.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von pclin ()

• The LED output of the 2 75 instances aren't on at the same time, this is happening when both are independently active.

But still happening when each are fully off.

No, the power was not turned off over the week, the power is always on to the pi and LEDs (independently) just the LED output is turned off when the TV is off, however it looks like the Pi crashed / shutdown at some point during this time.

All LEDs are receiving power

• RPI and Hyperion work with instance wled, so there must be a problem with the installation of the LEDs or with the two instances.

If I create 2 identical instances and both are running true, I also have the flickering and cannot set any fixed colors.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

-

FireTV 4K max

-
    -

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suggest you try configure one of the two TV instances with disabled at startup.

Then restart and check that one one instance is enabled and if there is an improvement.

• One of the instances is disabled at startup anyway, I have deleted one of the instances but I know this isn't what it looks like when both are on at the same time. This was all working completely fine for ages up until now.

This is what it looks like

My suspicion is that the first LED is faulty somehow and the data is not getting passed down the line but I don't know how to tell how many - it's awkward as this is the end with the connector and I'd have to cut them off one by one, and solder to find out

I have hooked up the wled board to the LEDs and they are all working normally on that :/

I've reinstalled the OS and only loaded up the one instance and all it's doing is flashing the first LED.

If I remove power from the LEDs, it crashes the Pi. I don't know if it's relevant, just info. Could it be something to do with the Pi as the LEDs appear to be fully working with WLED?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von alieg () aus folgendem Grund: Merged a post created by alieg into this post.

• I have wired up the LEDs to the WLED board and chosen this as the interface source - this works correctly. The issue would seem to be with the Pi's gpio output is there a way I can test / fix it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!