Audio Extractor 5.1, HDMI grabber / splitter recomendations

• Recomendations for HDMI grabber / splitter

Hey guys!

My current setup is as follows:

Apple TV HD —> Audio Extractor (from Amazon Basics, like this https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B07KRWYN4R) —> TV

After the audio went through the audio extractor, it goes through an Audio Decoder to go from RCA to analog (5.1)

Now my requirements are not very high, I only have a 1080p TV and no HDR / Atmos etc.

My main concern is that the 5.1 signal gets lost through an HDMI splitter and possibly high latency due to my already complex setup.

To avoid the first part, I thought it might be a good idea to have the splitter in place after the audio already has been extracted. Would that mean that the HDMI will contain no audio to be sent to the PI?

I was considering getting the ezcoo ez-sp12h2 as a HDMI splitter, but that might be overkill considering I only need a solid 1080p signal, and most importantly, low latency. Do you have any recommendations (I live in Germany).

As a grabber I considered getting the MS2130 4K HDMI to USB 3.0.

What would your recommendations be?

Thank you so much for your help and sorry for the rookie questions.

• Lord-Grey

Hat das Thema freigeschaltet.
  • You can use this splitter and grabber.

Even if you don't need UHD 'yet' you are prepared for the future, other devices that can only do FullHD but can do everything like that are hard to find.

There are no problems with 5.1.

Where you put the splitter makes no difference, audio is not removed from the HDMI signal.

What exactly (device please) do you absolutely need analog 5.1?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!