Invert signal does not work

• Hi Hyperion-Team,

unfortunately the invert signal option seems not to work correctly.

I added my config for investigation.

Best regards

Marxon

• What should not work on the invert signal option?

The LEDs are calculated correctly depending on the setting for reverse direction.

regards pclin

• Hi pclin!

Thank you for your quick response.

Sorry, I should have expressed myself better:

I was referring the invert signal option from the LED hardware settings and not the one of the layout setting.

From my assumption it should turn a logic high into a logic low ande vice versa but when activated this option the signal remains the same.

I accidentally reversed the polarity of my RS485 line driver so this option would be usefull for me ^^

Best regards

Marxon

• Can you please take a screenshot?

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• You can see a change in the two yellow lines, looks inverted to me.

regards pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Offizieller Beitrag

From my assumption it should turn a logic high into a logic low ande vice versa but when activated this option the signal remains the same.

This should happen, right. but your config says ""invert": false," maybe the web-gui has some issues, did you saved or just ticked the box?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hyperion makes use of an external library to drive ws281x LEDs.

Maybe you have a look there how Invert is to be used with the correct corresponding hardware setup.

How do you invert the logic? · Issue #51 · tom-2015/rpi-ws2812-server
    Does invert the logic work? I could not see any example here.
    github.com

There is also a test program which you might want to use independent from Hyperion.

• Hi again,

sorry for my late reply.

This should happen, right. but your config says ""invert": false," maybe the web-gui has some issues, did you saved or just ticked the box?

Sorry, for this contradiction!

I checked it again but it seems that I just only forgot to enable it again before exporting the config.

Maybe you have a look there how Invert is to be used with the correct corresponding hardware setup.

Of course, when troubleshoot I allways do a elimination process. So i disconnectesd my hardware setup first and measured directly on the gpio pin: same result.

(Ich befürchte fast, hier habe ich die englische Grammatik völlig verhauen, deshalb nochmal auf Deutsch:

Nach dem Ausschlussverfahren habe ich bei der Fehlersuche natürlich bei meinem Hardware Setup begonnen

und direkt am GPIO Pin gemessen).

To be honest, like said before there is also no really need for me to use the invert signal option because i did a mistake and swapped the output of my line driver.

You guys do a great job and you are not responsible for my faults so i fixed that in meanwhile.

Everything is working now.

Nevertheless, for the sake of completeness: the "problem" remains.

I am far away beeing a programmer but i take a look in the source code. Maybe i figure out whats going wrong.

(Ein blindes Huhn findet schließlich auch mal ein Korn ;)

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Marxon

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!