HyperionWiFi LED controller - interested ?

• Yipee all parts have arrived. I think i will have time at the weekend to assamble everything, in the first step with a rPi as receiver connected to the stripe. So i can see that everything is working before moving on to the ESP.

• @penfold42
    I just flashed your .ino file from page 1 to a wemos d1 mini. I have several questions as I can get a connection to the device.

- should wifi be preset?
    - how can I connect to it?
    - is your code ready for apa102?
    - if not, how can I make it work?

I am using a levelshifter and the data pin is connected to the wemos on pin D1, the clock pin is connected to pin D2.
    Further I am running hyperion.ng. If all is working correctly I should set the led harware controller type to udpraw?

edit:
    after a reflash I got "Not found: /" when going to the ip of the device in chrome.

• To bad, I got everything setup to flash and I broke the Wemos. With my sleepy head I connected the 5v to the ground pin (and all the other pins 1 pin further). I also have a Goouuu s1 mini. Compiling and uploading is going fine, but no wifi test code is working.

Also when verifying the ESPixelstick code, I get an error on missing E131Async.h. Is this normal? When sending the code with "ESP8266 Sketch Data Uploader" there is no error. But no result with the Goouuu.

As I have to order a new device, what device do you advice with the apa102?

• Hmmm.... if it can't find the header file I suspect the library was installed in the wrong place or maybe you didn't close all arduino GUI windows and restart arduino.

If it doesn't successfully compile and upload, it won't work at all.
    The upload sketch data only places the HTML content - not the compiled code

• There where some strange dependencies. I downloaded the ESPixelstick sources again and tried to compile. Still no good results. Can't find a solution for the error below. Any tips?

• Sorry! After you mentioned that the libraries where maybe in a wrong folder. I did a reinstall of all packages and I installed 2.3.0. Stupid!

The ESPixelstick code runs fine now and the web interface to. But as I am using the apa102 leds I wanted to try the ESPixelStick-feature-ws2801. With this code I am running in to the error I mentioned earlier. "missing E131Async.h." This branch is 11 commits behind master. As I have no experience with c++ I am not sure how to fix these issues. Is there a way you could provide me with a solution to get the code working with the apa102?

• I have a spare ws2812 strip from my old setup and tested this with Hyperion. Really glad to see how seamless this is working.

Do you see the apa102 as an upgrade to the ws2812? Or should I order some new ws2812 if I want to take this road with the ESPixel?

Edit:
    After merging the master into the feature branch, I was able to compile the code. Will test/flash when I get home.

Edit 2:
    @penfold42 Should the apa102 work out of the box with the ws2801 signal? I only used the test page and was not able to set a static color.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!