Lighting direction and uses for PC

• Then I don't understand what you want to do. First you said you wanted to connect power and ground to test your power. Then you say you want to test brightness in order to not overtinker the settings for brightness, before you wire up the rest. I don't really understand what you mean by that but okay. And now you say you want to set up everything, knowing you do not have a capable PSU. Yes you could set everything up and reduce the brightness in the config of hyperion. But I don't really see the point in that, other than you can't wait any longer :P
    Anyway, I would recommend to wait until your PSU arrives and then set everything up. You can solder a DC socket to the end of the strip, that way you can set everything up and connect the PSU when it arrives and you are good to go.

• Yeah, basically that, I don't want to wait because I have time now, I will not have time later. So the current PSU will work just not 100% brightness. It will allow me to configure everything. The power test was a random thought to get a baseline, not a huge deal just was curious if it would work(tried, didn't work) so I'll just account for that change later. It will still let me get most of the work done now while I have time.

• Keep in mind that your colour calibration will need adjustment when you increase the brightness again. And measure the real current when setting up the brightness value because it does not behave linearly. 10A is 66% of 15A but 66% brightness doesn't mean the leds draw 66% of maximum current. Hope that was understandable

• So if I'm reading the Wiki right, I should raise the blue gamma if I'm getting blue for 'gray' clouds? I did the white balance a bit and that helped

[MEDIA=imgur]height=1920;id=ivVTdPt;type=gifv;width=1152[/MEDIA]

• Yes, If midtones are blueish, the blue gamma has to be increased. But the wiki also provides test images that are really useful for calibration. Brindoschs HyperCon optimisations make calibrating a breeze. I remember when I first build my ambilight I had to manually change something in the config, save, restart hyperion via ssh connection through terminal, see what changed, repeat until I was satisfied. Just stick to the wiki and you'll get there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!