Kodi 16.1 and Hyperion not working

• Hello,

I have a problem with my DIY ambilight system and Kodi 16.1. The hardware is working
    and hyperion said that kodi is connected, but the ambilight doesn't shine.
    Can you please help me?

I think there is a connection problem with Kodi, but I don't know how to solve it or analyse it.

I have build a ambilight system with a ws2801 led stripe on an arduino uno.
    The ambilight is connected to my computer via usb.

On the computer (Arch Linux) I installed hyperion version 1.03.
    The android app hyperion is working and I can controll the color and brightness
    of the led stripe.

- hyperion log

- kodi configuration
    - no hyperion plugin
    - webserver is 127.0.0.1 on 8080
    - both buttons on remote control are on

- arduino sketch and hyperion.config.json attached

• Greetings,

On the computer (Arch Linux) I installed hyperion version 1.03.

currently the usage on x86x64 (not OpenELEC, LibreELEC) is a little bit uncomfortable and the startup is not "fully implemented". You need to create a second service which starts hyperion-x11 (at /usr/bin/hyperion-x11), depending on monitor setup you need to start it with arguments to point to a monitor.

Hopefully with the next release this will be much more comfortable in general.

• Hello Brindosch,

I have exactly the same pb (i'm in OpenElec). All is good, i can control the color and brightness of the led strip like Hyperionu3er, but it's still like the internal grabber just see black, so my led strip no shining when it should.

I'm french and i don't really understand the solution you given for solving the problem ....

• Greetings,
    could you check if the following entry exists in your autostart.sh

Code
    DISPLAY=:0.0 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/storage/hyperion/bin /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-x11 </dev/null >/storage/logfiles/hyperion.log 2>&1 &

If not please add it. Are you using v4l2 too?

• After a long time, I want to give Hyperion on my PC another chance, but I have nearly the same problem. The service is running an is connected to the arduino and the LEDs.

I use Hyperion 1.03.3

When I want to start the X11 Grabber I Get the following message, what can I do?

Code
    cke@glotze:~$ export DISPLAY=:0
    icke@glotze:~$ sudo /usr//bin/hyperion-x11
    hyperion-x11:
        version   : V1.03.3 (brindosch-2fbbcff/2f01dfa-1495880388
        build time: Jun  3 2017 02:06:03
    X11GRABBER ERROR: Unable to open display :0

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!