Hyperion/HyperCon Android Development

• Hy,
    Thanks for your work.
    I got an issue (force close) when i try to use calibration :
    [MEDIA=imgur]f9tRtxS[/MEDIA]
    i use latest hyperion-ng build and connected with port 19444.
    I enabled debug but i can't found app folder under android/data for logs ?

The logs should be stored in root/data/data/uk.hyperion.manager/hyperion/log.txt, you can also open the navigation drawer and press log Debug. Exceptions are usually highlighted in red. I did fix a few bugs which resulted in a force close, I'll upload another build within the next day or two. I may have also fixed the initial connection issue, at least I cannot reproduce it anymore.

Hi @BioHaZard1 , any intentions to make the source code publicly available?

Sure, they'll be available, not sure when though. I still have a lot to do. Anything specifically you need them for?

• hi @ all,
    can somebody help me with this tool. i don't get a connection established.
    i've tested the apk on an samsung note and also on an androidtv (sony). in both ways i get this error:

D/Hyperion: {"error":"Error while validating json: {[root].command: Unknown enum value (allowed values are: [\"color\",\"image\",\"effect\",\"serverinfo\",\"clear\",\"clearall\",\"transform\"...........

with the hyperion.apk from the playstore the connection is possible.

thx & sorry for my bad english.

• Hi.
    The error doesn't occure anymore. It was my fault - because i tried to connect to a normal installation of hyperion.
    Since i upgraded to hyperion.ng, it is possible to establish the connection from my tablet.

But now i've got another problem. When i use the app on my Bravia-TV, it isn't possible to create an entry because you don't see the input fileds. If i try to create a new entry via the network scanner, sadly the found client could not be saved.

Is it because the tv is not rooted?

• Hi.
    The error doesn't occure anymore. It was my fault - because i tried to connect to a normal installation of hyperion.
    Since i upgraded to hyperion.ng, it is possible to establish the connection from my tablet.

But now i've got another problem. When i use the app on my Bravia-TV, it isn't possible to create an entry because you don't see the input fileds. If i try to create a new entry via the network scanner, sadly the found client could not be saved.

Is it because the tv is not rooted?

Strange, no the app doesn't require root at all. Do you see a zeroconf device at the top of the main screen?

It should look like this box at the top of this screenshot

• Hi guys, I was just looking for a project that could help me read my android tv screen and send it to my raspberry when I found this page.

I have no programming skills but had the idea of reading the screen a d sending it to my rasp by using udp.

I now have a simple Kodi plugin the switches to ambilight when video starts and back to static when stops that I got from http://raspberry-at-home.com/c…dixbmc-htpc-over-network/

Maybe it can be of some use.

Looking forward to the next release

• Hi Tommy, Sorry for the late reply. Thank a lot for this app. i installed it right when i got home and it workt on my android tv with the menu and spotify. sadly the drm protected apps like netflix, plex and tv inputs dont work, but hé its a start. in the meanwhile i programed te system so it shows warm white on idle and when i turn on the grabber app or start a video in kodi it switches to ambilight.

now i whas thinking further of ways to expand, like with philips hue lights. these lights and a bridge are very expensive and these day the rpi zero w costs about 10 bucks. if i setup a pi zero, with a 12 led ws2812 ring (https://www.aliexpress.com/ite…-Drivers/32673278683.html) and setup the forwarding within hyperion i could build my own hue right?

Does anyone have an other idea or aproach?

• If you have any comment on the android grabber, please answer in that tread.

There are a lot of ways to create a hue like light. If you want to interact with Hyperion, have a look at the AtmoOrb. Just google it, you will find a lot of information.
    If you really want to use it as Hue, just google diy hue. I found this blog post from Peeveeone very interesting.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!