Update for now:
I'm still using a CAM as input for hyperion NG (alpha) and it is working very well
But for the moment I have switched to the USB PS3 Eye Cam because it is working better than the Logitech C250 before or the C270 I also tried to test.
The Logitechs are working not so stable:
- when trying to start with the Logitech they are often reported to be busy or in use; trying once again then they are sometimes working -> [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] <ERROR> V4l2 init failed (Cannot open '/dev/video0' error code 16, Device or resource busy)
- a stop/restart of the Logitech in NG (alpha) WebIF isn't working
- the C250 is often losing connection in NG (debug reports 'set smoothing...' often) (for the working PS3 Eye only reported once when starting); restart of NG necessary
- the C270 I can't get working in hyperion (alpha), Beta ok:
if USB Recording is in state 'off' when starting hyperiond then always a 'Stopped' is triggered after starting USB Recording from WebIf -> hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] <INFO> Stopped
or if USB Recording is in state 'on' when starting hyperiond then -> [hyperiond V4L2:/dev/video0] <ERROR> start failed (VIDIOC_STREAMON error code 5, Input/output error)
- optional: test in hyperion.ngBeta, there is an additional 'Started' reported in debug, therefore the 'Stopped' bug #491 https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/491 isn't existing there;
- optional: test in hyperion.ngBeta/rework, the USB cams (grabbers?) aren't working; -> [hyperiond V4L2:auto] <ERROR> Throws error nr: VIDIOC_DQBUF error code 22, Invalid argument; also new setting/config mechanism
So for now I will run my TV / LEDs with hyperion.ng (alpha) and the PS3 Eye cam.
Because of the possibilities to configure the cam with v4l2-ctl parameters, it is possible to get a good result in case of no auto exposure, white balancing, brightness, ...
The Eye cam is working without problems since 48h non stop, restart in WebIF is possible.
After starting hyperiond the USB Recording has to be activated because of bug #491 https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/491 once.
With the tool from DerBen it is possible to generate and paste the LEDs trapezoid definition very simple to hyperion.config.json: https://hyperion-project.org/t…on.2615/page-3#post-10522
My personnel todo:
- color adjustment and tuning in hyperion.ng and maybe also with v4l2-ctl, but therefore I have to understand the ng configs and v4l2 parameters more in detail.
- hyperion/LEDs control depending of the status of the TV (instead of grabber input before): https://hyperion-project.org/t…ure-grabber-on-rule.2730/
- little TV picture to LED visu shift, maybe because of a problem in ng (alpha) LED config (gabs, positions, ...), not sure for now
Future hyperion.ng enhancements:
- trapezoid definition for the cams: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/504
- v4l2-ctl controls for the cams: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/506
I will follow the upcoming activities about cam usage and hope that hyperion.ng will support them because I think they are a good solution for current requirements (4k/UHD, Smart TV Apps, ...)
I also hope that there is something to test in the near future