Android Screen Grabber

• Hi guys! Any more news? :)

That adapter I linked to + a pi zero = awesome. Works wight out of the box, got hyperion up and running on it no problem at all! Really clean and cheap way to set a device up, just solder a few wires to the GPIO and you are good to go.

The adapter we were talking about does seem to work! The app I was using had the image a bit squished horizontally, and quality is not great at all, but it does work. Personally, I wouldn't use it for anything, but that's just me. Really cool that is even possible though!

• Just seen this... looks awesome!!!! I am running this on a NVidia shield, connected to a PI with LED's all that works spot on.... UNTIL I run SPMC and then it doesn't work. Lights just do dark... any suggestions?

• Just seen this... looks awesome!!!! I am running this on a NVidia shield, connected to a PI with LED's all that works spot on.... UNTIL I run SPMC and then it doesn't work. Lights just do dark... any suggestions?

Try do change settings related to the video codecs within SPMC.

• Hey Guys..
    Just got me a Sony Bravia with Android TV and was excited to read about the Android grabber.
    Unfortunately i Cant Set the Hyperion service IP..
    When i enter it anderen click Finish, the Button cancel is selected and cannot bei changed (via remote) so the IP always stays empty.

Amy ideas?

(Sry for the typing, German Autocorrect is involved)

• Hey Guys..
    Just got me a Sony Bravia with Android TV and was excited to read about the Android grabber.
    Unfortunately i Cant Set the Hyperion service IP..
    When i enter it anderen click Finish, the Button cancel is selected and cannot bei changed (via remote) so the IP always stays empty.

Amy ideas?

(Sry for the typing, German Autocorrect is involved)

Hey Uni, that is probably because I shoehorned a mobile UI to work on android TV. Some of the inputs are a bit different for android TV, and I just haven't been able to wrap up the version made just for aTV (making an android TV interface sucks lol, a lot more work it seems). I've had a lot fall on my plate the past couple weeks and simply have not had much time to work on this.

That being said, once you type in the IP, try hitting the back button on your remote, which should hide the on-screen keyboard (at least the shield does). Once the keyboard is hidden you should be able to press the 'right arrow' button on your remote to select the save button. I'm fairly certain once I get things ported over that won't be an issue anymore!

• Hey Uni, that is probably because I shoehorned a mobile UI to work on android TV. Some of the inputs are a bit different for android TV, and I just haven't been able to wrap up the version made just for aTV (making an android TV interface sucks lol, a lot more work it seems). I've had a lot fall on my plate the past couple weeks and simply have not had much time to work on this.

That being said, once you type in the IP, try hitting the back button on your remote, which should hide the on-screen keyboard (at least the shield does). Once the keyboard is hidden you should be able to press the 'right arrow' button on your remote to select the save button. I'm fairly certain once I get things ported over that won't be an issue anymore!

this worked indeed. now, all the menus get grabbed and the LEDs light up.
    They stay black at YouTube, Netflix and so on, but even the home menu sends light-informations.

could this be a "layer"-problem? So you capture the top-Sony-AndroidTV-Layer-thing that lays above the video?
    I did not yet had time to check the sourcecode for any hints..

• this worked indeed. now, all the menus get grabbed and the LEDs light up.
    They stay black at YouTube, Netflix and so on, but even the home menu sends light-informations.

could this be a "layer"-problem? So you capture the top-Sony-AndroidTV-Layer-thing that lays above the video?
    I did not yet had time to check the sourcecode for any hints..

It seems like maybe youtube on different devices may behave in different ways... I'm afraid I'm just not knowledgeable enough on the topic to say for certain. You could try one of the alternate youtube apps linked earlier in the thread and see if you have any better luck with that!

• It seems like maybe youtube on different devices may behave in different ways... I'm afraid I'm just not knowledgeable enough on the topic to say for certain. You could try one of the alternate youtube apps linked earlier in the thread and see if you have any better luck with that!

hmm youtube is not my top priority ..
    Netflix / Amazon Prime and the HDMI Sources are more important, as i dont find a good "hdmi grabber" for 4k HDR stuff...

• App looks great! Thanks for that work :)
    It is possible to configure an autostart of the app/service with system start? Or do I've to start manually everytime?

Glad it is working for ya!

Automatically starting the grabber when the system boots is something I definitely want to do... I actually started working on it but ran into some issues I'm not sure how to confront just yet (basically that little confirmation dialog that pops up has to be called every time the screen needs to be captured, and calling it from a background service is looking a little difficult). Ideally it would just start, but I might have to make the grabber request focus for a split second and then close the app.

If anyone reading this knows what I'm talking about and has any ideas I'm all ears!

• Hi.

I have Nvidia Shield TV and Sony KD65A1.
    On my Shield it work in the main menu, in Plex, in Kodi and in YouTube: Super! Netflix and MolotovTV don’t work.
    On my TV (Android TV 7.0) it work in the main menu but don’t work with Plex, Kodi, Youtube, Netflix and MolotovTV. It dont work too with the enebbed tv tuner.
    I have try to use the alternate opengl grabber without success. The « grab on boot » is impossible to activate.

Sorry for my English. I am French

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!