NUC + Nodemcu + WS2813

• Hi folks,
    I have finished the configuration of the Config file from SciLor.
    As you know, i'm using PWM LED : WS2813
    I think i'm done but if someone more knowledgeable than me can take a look on it, i'm a little bit confused with the comment in/out, i put my few comments/questions in the code

• // I don't know if it block should be commented or not. Why do we need to define a different PIN for each color ? #define CONFIG_LED_PWM_RED D1 //Comment in for PWM #define CONFIG_LED_PWM_GREEN D2 //Comment in for PWM #define CONFIG_LED_PWM_BLUE D3 //Comment in for PWM

This block I believe is for Non-addressable led strips (The whole strip changed to one color)

For reference I have WS2812B set as:

Edit: Running on a wemos mini

• Thanks Akriss ! Your file is not too different from mine,
    I definitely have some issues with this, i will continue to work on it.

1 - When i comment these lines :

Code
    //#define CONFIG_LED_PWM_RED D1 //Comment in for PWM
    //#define CONFIG_LED_PWM_GREEN D2 //Comment in for PWM
    //#define CONFIG_LED_PWM_BLUE D3 //Comment in for PWM

I have an error when compiling, i have to comment few lines in this file : https://github.com/SciLor/Hype…RGB/WrapperLedControl.cpp from line 30 to 32.
    You should have to do the same right ?

2 - I used the same Nodemcu as i used for the ESPixelStick, so i used the same data PIN number which is the D4/GPIO2, i am not able to control my WS2813, even using the WEBUI and running idle test nothing appear.

Here is my final sketch :

I don't understand what can be root cause of that, i know that my leds are working i used it with ESPixel, cabling and power are the same, so it should be only software.
    Thx

• You should have to do the same right ?

No. I only edited the Configstatic.h file.

i am not able to control my WS2813, even using the WEBUI and running idle test nothing appear.

Hmm I thought I remembered that this firmware has a webui when pointing a browser to the IP of the node. I'm not seeing it. . hmmm

You might need to use a different option here, there are only three to choose and only one needs to be uncommented

Code
    //Pin order, see FastLED doc. NodeMCU should work with FASTLED_ESP8266_RAW_PIN_ORDER
    #define FASTLED_ESP8266_RAW_PIN_ORDER
    //#define FASTLED_ESP8266_NODEMCU_PIN_ORDER
    //#define FASTLED_ESP8266_D1_PIN_ORDER
  • Thanks Akriss !
    I solved my issue, it was a little thing with a strong impact :)
    The issue was a line that i commented out this line :
    // #define CONFIG_LED_PWM 1 //Comment in if PWM Stripe

I put it in comment again and it works, so i don't know what is behind the PWM Stripe but it is important to don't use it for this kind of setup :)

• Here is mine with some tweaks

What i changed twice in WrapperLedControl.cpp

Code
    #ifdef CONFIG_LED_CLOCKLESS_CHIPSET
    into
    #ifdef CONFIG_LED_CLOCKLESS

and in WrapperOTA.cpp

Code
    // ArduinoOTA.setPassword((const char *)"schnulli");
    ArduinoOTA.setPassword((const char *)OTA_PASSWORD);
  • I tried with Scilor Sketch and ESPixel and my LED still have some issues like some "flash" .
    It is not related to hyperion as i am experiencing this even when using only the effect from ESPixel and the rainbow effect with Scilor. It is even worse with Fire effect.
    So it is hardware related.
    My HW setup is :
    213 LED WS2813 Powered on both side with the same power supply. Each pieces of my stip is connected using soldered wired. The two data are connected on the same PIN. (as the ws2813 has two same data allowing the led strip to work even if one led is dead)
    Power supply 5V 15A
    Nodemcu LUA v3 using D4 output. ESP-12E, Running at 160Mhz, 4M(3M SPIFFS), v2 lower memory, upload speed 115200

I don't use level shiffter in my setup.
    Can it be the root cause of my issue or i have to look something else ?

EDIT : Adding video to show the issue :

Externer Inhalt vimeo.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Not yet available as vimeo is taking time to convert it ...

• Try a different pin.
    I know pin D4 on a Wemos mini is linked to the onboard led.
    I had the leds on D4 and the first led on my strip would blink green in conjunction with the led on the Wemos. Drove me nuts for a week till I noticed the leds blinked at the same time.

Hope it helps.

• I have been lucky with the wemos mini and small numbers of led (<30) With out the use of a level shifter.

I tried a long string of led's, 140 or so, and. it seemed to respond better with a level shifter. I also had to make sure that

Code
    #define FASTLED_ALLOW_INTERRUPTS 0

was enabled in the sketch, and not commented out

• Hi folks,
    I have good news to share!
    So at this time everything is now working as expected.
    I am now using pin D4 instead of D7, the result was the same (led flash) then I added a level shifter and the flash are gone.
    I tried with 51 Led without level shifter no issue but with 213LED I definitely need it.
    I am very happy, now I have to calibrate colors, I am now powering my led strip at 3 different places this way my led are white all along the stripe with only one power connected the end of the was not really white, it was a kind of yellow/white.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!