[Tutorial] Wireless LED extension with ESP8266/ESP32 for Hyperion

• Code
    //OFF, HYPERION_UDP, STATIC_COLOR, RAINBOW, FIRE2012
    #define CONFIG_LED_STANDARD_MODE FIRE2012
    #define CONFIG_LED_HYPERION_AUTOSWITCH true
    #define CONFIG_LED_STANDARD_MODE_TIMEOUT_MS 5000

1.) which mode should be run, when there is no hyperion connected.
    2) automatically switch to HYPERION mode if hyperion is connected and fall back to standard mode if disconnected
    3) Fallbacktime for 2

I have everything up but monitoring serial port only shows refreshes. Anyone know how to fix this?

Code
    D:   UDP-Packet received, length: 402
    D:   refresh LEDs
    D:   UDP-Packet received, length: 402
    D:   refresh LEDs

Thats quite easy. You LED quantity in hyperion (seems to be 402/3=134 leds) is different to the led quantity on the esp.

• Whats the extra IC on the board is doing?

It's a SN74AHCT125N "Buffers & Line Drivers Tri-State Quad Bus "

I'm driving 240+ APA102a led's with that one, The wemos data lines are 3.3v. I thought it would be good to add a level shifter to the data and clock lines to bump up the voltages to 5v. to avoid problems.

I have made others that omit the level shifter that work well. However they ere less then 40 led in the string and ws2812 leds. I find level shifters work well when using lots of led's and driving the from 3.3v data lines.

• Hey there just found this.

I have the sketch up and running and I have the right pin as the effect set in the sketch is working. I am having no luck with it in Hyperion though. I have the hardware/ip all set but can't change colors or use the app.

Hyperion Config - [MEDIA=pastebin]NMgQHPMC[/MEDIA]

Any help? Thanks

• Hi all, i really appreciate for help, have successfully programmed NodeMcu, connected with its static ip at first side, and at the second side when i try to change hyperion.config.json it does not work either.

Hyperion Works On : Libreelec + Rpi3 | Whats wrong below ?

My Working Config:

And Not Working Config:

• At the end I was able to run the extension. There is no information about second config.json in tutorial. I think there must be,

RPI3 + Libreelec + Kodi + Nodemcu V3 with 241 + 57 Leds

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Hi, please help. I need help with configuring the hyperion. I have a Wemos D1 mini, ConfigStatic.h:

When connected, the LEDs light up like a rainbow.
    I have Hyperion installed on raspberry, I just want one instance, only on ESP2866. My hyperion.config.json:

Hyperion does not connect (does not control) ESP8266. Can you please advise me what I'm doing wrong? I use a 4m LED strip APA102 with 576 LEDs. I'd like to control the strip with the Hyperion Android app, I don't need a grabber.

• I made some small changes to the Hyperion configuration:

My hardware is:

• Wemos D1 mini

• APA102 576 LEDs (4mx144LED)

• DC 5V 40A 200Wat

• 74HC125 Levelshifter

If I connect an LED strip, all the LEDs (576) light up with a rainbow effect. However, Hyperion does not connect via UDP. But if I reduce the number of LEDs to 480 or less (In ConfigStatic.h and Hyperion.config.json), normally a hyperion works through the android app. I can control both effects and colors. Is there any limit on the number of LEDs? Is there a problem in Hyperion or Wemos D1 mini? Please for any help ...

• The problem is with UDP max packet size 1450, is there any solution? When I increase this value nothing happens. :(
    Even changing the protocol to 2 or 3 in HyperCon does doesn't work.

• EDIT:
    I just realized that you need a minimum of 2 LED's or the firmware defaults to PWM.
    I think I've solved my problem.
    Feel free to delete this post.

Good evening.
    I have been using the Hyperion Classic Setup for a few years now and am completely in love with it.
    But I now I have a somewhat obscure setup request and it has driven me mad for the last couple of days and I just cannot get it to dance for me.

I'd like to arrange just one or two APA102 LED's just beside our lounge chair as a kind-of surround ambilight, utilising the ESP8266 receiving forwarded JSON from the PI
    So my current setup uses the v4l2 capture and a PI B
    I followed the link provided by @TPmodding https://hyperion-project.org/w…trolling-Multiple-Devices and set up as follows;

FIRST Instance on the Pi (configMASTER.json)
    I set the forwarder to forward PROTO to 127.0.0.1:20445 and json to 127.0.0.1:20444

SECOND Instance on the same Pi (config8266.json) receives the forwarded above Proto and json
    PROTO Server "20445"
    JSON Server "20444"
    Set the Forwarder to send to the wifi ESP8266
    {
    "json" : ["192.168.1.222:19446"],
    "proto" : ["192.168.1.222:19444"]
    },

I configure a single LED index 0 (using the VSCAN and HSCAN settings of right of screen)

Launching both above files in a sequence does not throw any port issues, so I assume that I have gotten the forwarding right (see code below of both)

Result
    No lights - The ESP8266 on 192.168.1.222 should be able to finally receive the data from the v4l2 and light up my solitary APA102, but I just get an some occasional flicker
    The PROTO successfully connects to 192.168.1.222:19444
    I do not see that the JSON is connecting anywhere, am I missing something?

• Offizieller Beitrag

wrong... first instance is correct, your send the data to a second instance...but in the second instance your led device has to be the receiver...

i added my config...main is the rpi with my lpd8806 leds on the SPI pins and left and right are 2 esp8266 with ws2812b leds

• wrong... first instance is correct, your send the data to a second instance...but in the second instance your led device has to be the receiver...

i added my config...main is the rpi with my lpd8806 leds on the SPI pins and left and right are 2 esp8266 with ws2812b leds

Thanks so much for sharing your configs. By looking at yours (especially with the embedded comments) I have a better understanding of the role and setup of the forwarder. There were also a few formatting errors in my config file, and again using your configs they are nice and clean now.
    My next goal is to remove the latency issues with my Philips Hue, but I'll post that the correct forum.
    Again, thanks so much for this awesome support and willingness to help out the community.

• Hello,

Thank you for the tutorial.

My configuration:

1. VirtualBox with LibreELEC (x86) with UDP configured Device (ESP32) (server)
    2. ESP32 with UDP, JSON server (HyperionRGB) (controller)
    3. Android TV (Sony Bravia 43'' 4K) with Kodi + Hyperion Ambilight Add-on (grabber)
    4. 170 RGB leds (WS2812B)
    5. 5V 10A power supply

Data flow:
    Grabber ----------------- PROTO ---------> Server ------------UDP ---------> Controler
    Android TV (Kodi) ------------------- VM LibreELEC ------------------------ ESP 32
    64px x 64px / 10 fps

Scenarios. If I use:
    1. HyperCon I am able to connect (via ssh) to LibreELEC and change the color. Also starting effects are applied.
    2. Hyperion App (iOS) I am able to select LibreELEC server, change the color and execute different effects.
    Although there are some bugs sometimes 1) 2) work relatively smooth without lag.

3. Kodi installed on Windows machine with or without hardware acceleration - LED light is lagging and is blinking (not flickering). It turns on with the correct colors then turn off (with some leds emitting green light) then turn on again.
    4. Kodi on Android TV without hardware acceleration - LED and the VIDEO itself lag. It is impossible to watch.

This issue is reported by other users:

Zitat

Hey there,
    having the issue with my Android TV (Sony) + spmc (v17 and v16) Ambilight, that i HAVE to uncheck the hardware acceleration (surface) to get the hue.ambilight Plugin to work.

Unfortunately my video playback starts stuttering/lagging when i turn the hardware acceleration off.
    But with hardware acceleration enabled, the hue.ambilight plugin wont change colors anymore. (Stuck colors)

5. SPMC with/without advancedsettings.xml (work-around to enable both grabbing
    6. Kodi on macOS Mojave - i was not able to install hyperion ambilight add-on because script.module.protobuf was missing and failed to install

I am sharing my configuration. Maybe I am missing something.

I have no configuration for Kodi Checker, Internal Grabber, Proto/JSON forwarder because I believe I do not need them.

So my question is what am I doing wrong and how to fix this problem? I want to make smooth wireless ambilight if possible. I will appreciate any help on this issue.

Also have one additional question - can Kodi add-on directly send UDP requests to ESP32 (e.g. removing Server from the chain)?

Thank you for your time.
    Kind regards,
    Boris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!