Raspberry Pi Zero W, WS2801. Hyperion Connected, but no lights

• Hi,

I've successfully finished this project multiple times, but this is the first time I've tried with a Pi Zero W. All others have been with a Pi2B. I'm thinking it should be pretty much the same, but I can't figure out why the lights aren't changing. I've managed to connect to the Pi with Hyperion, install the program, and send the config file, but nothing on the lights change. No bootup light sequence, nor auto-update color picker.
    I've checked and double checked my wiring connection and it seems that it's connected the way it's supposed to be. Any tips? I feel like I might be missing an option somewhere in Hyperion that I forgot. Thanks

• In another topic I also mentioned that I had issues to get is working with a Pi zero W. I did some troubleshooting with other Pi's but couldn't pin point the problem. With the Pi zero W I noticed that a restart of the service would work.

Start Pi, check if the hyperion service is running (top), manualy stop/start hyperion (or with hypercon) = This worked for me.

If this is not working for you, please share more information so others can relate to your problem.
    Goodluck!

• I figured it out.

After I changed to the Pi2, i mentioned the problems still happened. I knew it wasn't my wiring, because it was working before. After much futher investigation, I found the problem. It was the first LED light connected to the wiring apparently got damaged in between use. Maybe when I was moving the TV, the dangling cable somehow got damaged, or maybe my cat messed with it. Anyway, a bunch of things went wrong in between use, but I finally got it all working. Thanks for your tip.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!