TV Grabber only works **BEFORE** Splitter, but not after.

• Hello - this is my first post. I'm having trouble getting my grabber to grab AFTER the HDMI splitter, which seems to have no issue displaying TV out of the second port.

I have setup Hyperion on both OPENELEC and OSMC with the same result.

Working:
    Splash screen LEDS work fine.
    KODI movies Hyperion / Ambilight effect works as expected
    AV source (yellow) RCA direct into GRABBER - Hyperion / Ambilight works fine
    Using the HDMI out of the SET TOP BOX > HDMI2AV = successful GRAB

BUT

Not Working: (the normal setup)
    SET TOP BOX > HDMI Splitter output 1 > HDMI2AV > Grabber = No grab/black screenshot
    SET TOP BOX > HDMI Splitter output 2 > TV = no problem

In this last scenario, the HDMI Splitter also successfully displays 1080 to the TV as expected with output 2.

So the splitter splits, I can see TV as expected. But it seems that something is happening inside the splitter. I have two HDMI splitters that I bought from different sources. Both will split PS3 and Foxtel and output 1080p. They work, but why doesn't the grabber see what the TV sees? I'm stumped.

I've tried two different HDMI2AV - one with the complex PC board and one with the simple board - at this stage the simpler one is doing just fine - but its just the $10 one on both occasions with the PAL/NTSC switch (without the toslink and SPDIF)

So before I go out and spend more money, I wonder if its the HDMI2AV, or the splitter?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    RF

• Based on what you describe it sounds like the splitter is the problem but that's very strange to have two different ones doing the same thing, which leads me to ask...

do you have the splitter connected to a power source? Likely a stupid question as I'm sure you do, but I know that most splitters won't actually split if they're not properly powered - that's all I can think of. If your splitters are the un-powered type, that could be the problem too as both scenarios mean a very weak video signal that perhaps can't stand up to being split > converted to analog > digitized again through the grabber.

I know that's a long shot and maybe not too helpful, but it's all I can think of - good luck!

• Yep - I have power to the unit.
    In fact I just bought a new splitter (that was confirmed by other users to successfully strip HDCP)
    Even with that new splitter, I still can't get a screen grab into the fusical 007 via the HDMI2AV

Again, if I put a standard video signal (the yellow RCA) into the 007, no problem, I can grab it.

So now I have tested 3 HDCP splitters that all pass video to my TV but not to the HDMI2AV

I'm really confused -

do you have the splitter connected to a power source? /QUOTE]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!