SOLVED--> Pi Zero W, --> Failed to open device('/dev/spidev0.0')

• Hello together,

I have a problem with my Pi Zero W. Hyperion only works if I stop and start hyperion with HyperCon.

After I stop and start hyperion I can change the colour with Hypercon. It does not work before I that do that.

The log from HyperCon:

Hyperion runs, but can not open the "device('/dev/spidev0.0')".

My hyperion.config.json:

I test with "RASPBIAN STRETCH WITH DESKTOP" and "RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE". Each with a different SD card. I activated SPI via "sudo raspi-config".

Does anyone have an idea what it can be? Thanks in advance.

• Okay the content from syslog:

• I see a few line of ": ERROR: No valid config found".
    Make sure hyperion.config.json is in /etc/hyperion/. And it's filled with the correct info for your setup.

But I also see "INFO: Selected configuration file: /etc/hyperion/hyperion.config.json" That's strange after not finding it on its own.

• What do you use ? If Raspbian change it to OSMC , it helped me because i have same issue "Hyperion only works if I stop and start hyperion with HyperCon"

• Hello Vlad,

yes i use Raspian. I tested "RASPBIAN STRETCH WITH DESKTOP" and "RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE". With both systems the same Problem.

I built Ambilight for the PC. I use the programm "HyperionScreenCap" to send the picture information to the Pi zero. I don't need USB Video Grabber.

HyperionScreenCap: https://github.com/hanselb/HyperionScreenCap

Would OSMC be suitable for me? I do not need a media player.

Thank you

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:

I use a Pi 1B + for myTV ambilight. It's works perfect.

I plugged the SD-Card from the Pi 1B+ into the Pi Zero, but the Zero will not start.

Another try.

I installed "RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE" on a SD-Card with Hyperion and aktivate SPI. On the Pi Zero I must stop and start Hyperion thats it's work. If I use this SD-Card in my Pi B+ then I have the same problem. I must stop and start Hyperion.

Only why?

It the new Raspian version the problem?

EDIT 2:

Hello Vlad,

you saved the weekend for me. :)

I installed OSMC and Hyperion works as it should.

Thanks for the help.

• I am very happy that i helped you ))) , i had this problem a long time , and nobody could help me ) , and i found exit))) , good luck =))

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!