LEDs not changing (only static lights)

• Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help as I've been banging my head against this project all weekend.

I've successfully completed this project twice now, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong now.

Here are a few pieces of info:

- WS2801
    - OpenELEC 8.0.4
    - Raspberry Pi 2

So, I have a working unit being used right now. I have no problems with this. I'm making a second one using the exact same parts, even the Rpi2.

Once I connect everything, I use Hyperion to SSH into my Pi successfully.
    I install Hyperion successfully.
    I create the JSON config file and upload it. It gets uploaded fine. I check with WinSCP and I see the config file.
    But the lights don't change. Nothing changes. I start/stop the program, and do not get the boot effect. I try changing colors and it stays static.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have ground connected to pin 9, SI connected to pin 19, and CK connected to pin 23.

I thought maybe my Pi was bad, so I changed it out for a Pi Zero W. Still no changing lights.

I even tried cloning the image of the working unit and using it on the new one. STILL doesn't work.

I'm not getting an errors in the log files either. Everything seems to be working, but the lights don't flash at all. I've tried re-crimping the wires and terminal too.

So, from what I've gathered the problem is NOT:
    1) the LED strips (I've tested on another RPI, running a python script that goes through all the lights)
    2) the wires (I know the 5V wire works because the LEDs light up. I've use this same wire for the CK and SI wires too, no signal received)
    3) the RPi2 (I've switched out for Pi Zero W, no luck)

So, it has to be somewhere in a setting right? But I've used the EXACT same settings from my first device. Even a duplicate image of a working SD card! Any ideas?

My working unit uses 8.0.4 OpenELEC. So, it's not this issue, as I've seen some people have had before.

I once had this issue on my working device. Twice, actually.

The first time, it was some stupid reason, like I had two copies of HyperCon on my computer (not running, just one in Documents and one in Desktop.) I ran the Documents HyperCon and wasnt getting anything. Then I closed it, and ran the Desktop one, and it worked for some weird reason.

Second time, I found out it was because the first LED in my strip was damaged from applying solder too many times. I snipped the first LED off and it worked like a charm.

This time again I'm stuck

• JSON:

Log:

Yes, I checked SPI with grep, and it is on.

Also, I just changed my Rpi2 to an RPI3 and still..... no luck! And I'm SURE this Pi works, because it was I used it as a test bench for my other LED light strips to check to see if the lights worked.

It's gotta be some setting or part of the programming because I'm pretty sure it's not my soldering. And I've checked my connections over 100 times now to ensure that the wiring matches the diagrams.

Weird thing is, this isnt working for my friend, too. We're both stuck at this same

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!