WS2812b Full White Flicker UNO r3 274 led count

• 65" Spectre tv
    300 LED count but only using 274 (this has been modified in the led count on the sketch)
    5v 20 amps powered on both sides of the LED strip (5m Uncut)
    Arduino UNO r3 pin 6 for data and ground pin also used. Connected to RPI 3 VIA usb cable (baudrate set to 500000)
    RPI 3 connected to 5v with HDMI to USB capture card (decent...) (baudrate set to 500000) (OpenElec 7.0.1)
    eczoo 4k splitter coming from Shield tv

Everything is working probably but my only issue is at full MAX brightness (all white) I get flickers going around everywhere. It can be pretty annoying.

I thought a level shifter would be the key but it seems that the IO pins on the Arduino UNO are already 5V, So I dont think this would help. But I do have a level shifter if anyone has a suggestion.

It could be my power supply, Its rated for 20 amps..... I ordered a 30amp which will be here Saturday just in case. Based On calculations it shouldnt be there in my opinon. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

i would recommend to supply power after every 100led and not only at start and end of the stripe

• i would recommend to supply power after every 100led and not only at start and end of the stripe

I went ahead and added 5v and ground wire to my corners that weren't being powered. I am still getting flickering unfortunately.

Ill get the new power supply today but im wondering if the issue is the arduino.

• NEW power supply came in. I was running everything from 1 positive post and 1 negative post on the Switching power supply. I changed this to use both of the positive and negative posts and I upgraded the wiring to 18 gauge speaker wire.

Unfortunately the "30 amp" power supply I purchased made the flicker much much worse.

Fortunately once I plugged my other power supply in with the new connections the flicker is gone.

• my code isnt perfect but hopefully this helps. What is actually happening?

• Thanks. Is there a reason you went with openelec over osmc? Also, would you mind letting me know what guide you used to set yours up. Mines was almost good (I think) now nothing is responding. I want to start from scratch and see if I can get this working somehow. I had 276 LEDs. I'm thinking of using 274 and trying to atleast somewhat duplicate your results. I'm about ready to just buy a Dreamscreen and call it quits. I don't know if TPModder is a person or a group, but they may be stretch pretty thin, so any help from you would be appreciated. I'd hate to keep bugging him/them.

• Thanks. Is there a reason you went with openelec over osmc? Also, would you mind letting me know what guide you used to set yours up. Mines was almost good (I think) now nothing is responding. I want to start from scratch and see if I can get this working somehow. I had 276 LEDs. I'm thinking of using 274 and trying to atleast somewhat duplicate your results. I'm about ready to just buy a Dreamscreen and call it quits. I don't know if TPModder is a person or a group, but they may be stretch pretty thin, so any help from you would be appreciated. I'd hate to keep bugging him/them.

I picked openelec because I have no need for a GUI. I havent used OSMC or Kodi in years. Either use titanium tv or tv zion . I also read that there was some type of issue with the hdmi cable needing to be plugged in for osmc to work. Bascially all my rpi is doing is controlling the lights. Im sure many people see this as a waste but Rpi's arent expensive at all.

are you using ws2812 Led's ? My last system had apa-102's and the whole process was a lot easier BUT IMHO the WS2812's are easier to solder if needed.

what isnt actually working. Can you get any response from your led's I technically have 300 LED's but have about 26 disabled.

• I picked openelec because I have no need for a GUI. I havent used OSMC or Kodi in years. Either use titanium tv or tv zion . I also read that there was some type of issue with the hdmi cable needing to be plugged in for osmc to work. Bascially all my rpi is doing is controlling the lights. Im sure many people see this as a waste but Rpi's arent expensive at all.

are you using ws2812 Led's ? My last system had apa-102's and the whole process was a lot easier BUT IMHO the WS2812's are easier to solder if needed.

what isnt actually working. Can you get any response from your led's I technically have 300 LED's but have about 26 disabled.

Thanks for the reply. I got everything working now. I wasn't getting a response from the leds because I wired the new PSU wrong. Also, had to add a delay in the hyperion config. Everything is working great now. Thanks for your help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!