hyperion not working anymore?

• hello,

i tried it in the german forum first, but i dont think, that someone could help me there, so i try my luck here. i hope its alright. if not, than a mod could maybe delete my thread in the german forum. (thx)

so...here we go...i had my raspi3b connected with a alexa switch. so everytime i cut off the power, the pi lose is power completely...thats bad, so i have it now running 24/7h and only my tv, avr and the leds lose the complete power, when i turn it off with my alexa.

someone said, that maybe my system is damaged (raspbian jessie), so i formatted my sdcard and started new, but with raspbian stretch lite. there i didnt have luck...hyperion isnt working. so i started again from the beginning, but now with the newest version of raspbian jessie! but it also dont work. and i got exact the same error message :(

how could i fix this problem?

Zitat

sudo hyperion status

tells me this:

Zitat

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ service hyperion status
    ● hyperion.service - Hyperion Systemd service
    Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/hyperion.service; enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Wed 2019-01-23 09:34:55 UTC; 17min ago
    Main PID: 1313 (code=killed, signal=ABRT)

than i tried this:

Zitat

journalctl -u hyperion.service

No journal files were found, is what i get as answer. :(

after that i tried

Zitat

lsusb

it shows me:

Zitat

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1b71:3002
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

im not sure, but should be "1b71:3002" my grabber? i cant remember, but i think i had also a name after that numbers, when hyperion was working. i disconnected than everything....waited about n hour and started up all again. now in hypercon i could grab a picture....so, the grabber seems to work?

now i reached the end of my (small) linux knowing...i hope someone can help me with it. if you need more infos, just tell me. :)

info: i attached my configfile of my hyperion setup. maybe it helps?

thnaks

• Hi,

im not sure, but should be "1b71:3002" my grabber? i cant remember, but i think i had also a name after that numbers

Correct. It should be more like:
    Bus 002 Device 002: ID 1b71:3002 Fushicai USBTV007 Video Grabber [EasyCAP]

It appears that the grabber simple broke.

Or perhaps the power supply that powers the Rpi (and the grabber) is lacking. I would make sure it is able output at least 2 amps. Minimum.

The usb grabber might have malfunctioned due to lack of sufficient power.
    If you have a 3+ amps power supply you can try to increases the amperage to the usb ports from the default 600mA to 1+ amp. By adding "max_usb_current=1" to the file "/boot/config.txt". Do not do this if your supply is less then 3 amps,

Edit: the "max_usb_current=1" only works on the Rpi 3, and B+, and I think the Rpi model 2. Not Rpi0 or Rpi 1.

Hope it's of help.

• yea. exactly what i could remember! currently im working. 3hrs to go...when im at home, ill try max_usb_current=1.

and first i need to watch the power supply...ok, but i think its the original raspi power supply with that berry on it. i hope the grabber isnt broken :( it worked all just fine for weeks and now that problem :(

to your edit: i got a raspi 3b. there it should also work.

(sorry for my english, but ill give my best :P)

ill tell you if it worked or not later. thanks

• I looked at the link for the grabber. It has good reviews. However it does not specifically say in the description it's a UTV007 chip.

Their is another that specifically said it's a UTV007 chip ()

On a side note. I noticed the usb grabbers run very hot. Some hot enough to make the plastic case pliable. I have attach a heatsink to all usb grabbers I use, just for caution. I have not lost a grabber yet. This is a picture I took a year and a half ago. That grabber is still going today and it's been on 24/7 since that picture.

I Hope it helps

• ok, i tried now to add usb_max_current=1 to the config, rebooted and typed again lsusb.

still the same problem. i really think, that the grabber device is broken. my friend got a working one, so i try it tomorrow and if it works, than ill buy a new one.
    do you guys have a amazon link? prime delivery? and amazon.de link, for germany would be nice. :)

//edit: i got it working again. it was a broken cable. i fixed it and now it works :)

thanks for help

• *push*

hello guys,
    i have again a problem with my hyperion. it stopped working again. last day i watched tv and my odroid stopped working, also the rasperry. i restarted both with my ssh android app. now hyperion doenst work anymore. i used a new sdcard and reinstalled all. tried the old backup config with which it worked before with no problems, and i created after that a new one. nothing...

ok, when i type

Zitat

lsusb

i got this:

any ideas? you can see, that my last post was on 28.01.2019. from there till yesterday it all worked fine and now this :(

thanks

• hi,

today i did a fresh install of hyperion and now its working again. when i use lsusb i can see the grabber again.

dont know what was wrong. but okey, now its working fine again. :)

thx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!