(update: works with 4k) My setup with ws2812b, rpi 3b, esp32 + home assistant

• Hey!
    Update: Got a new 4K splitter with 1080p downscaler so it works with hyperion, now finally I can watch 4k stuff! It works great!

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I finally gave in and went with hyperion, only sad part is that I didn't do it earlier! It works super great since 2 weeks now. So I thought I'd share how it looks/works for me, I haven't fully tweaked all values and so but pretty happy for now:

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

It consist of a raspberry pi 3b with latest openelec, esp32 (could not get udp to work so went wired route, and it works great!), and the usual hdmi splitter, hdmi>av, usb videograbber etc. Currently I'm mainly using it with my android kodi box, but you can of course plug any hdmi source. And it works smoothly with my home automation setup, home assistant, as can be seen on the video, which keeps it consist with my apartment lightning, but then switches to ambilight once playing a video.

Some additional photos are here:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt…ig_web_button_share_sheet

Thanks for this great project! Good stuff!

• Looks great - can you tell me what tutorial you followed?

Hey!
    Thanks! So one I used was as reference was https://www.instructables.com/…-Input-Connected-to-Your/
    but I also initially used the tutorial here on this forum too. The only difference in my setup is that I used an cable connected esp32 instead of a arduino nano/uno.

As for the esp32 I used the sketch on here with adjusted serialrate @ 1 000 000:
    https://github.com/hyperion-pr…ino/adalight/adalight.ino

Let me know if anything else is unclear :)

• Got a new 4k hdmi splitter, the XOLORspace S102, now it's finally possible with 4k output whereas before it only went to 1080p, my ambilight life is complete now :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!