Full white screen equals orange leds

• Hi,

I have a 200 APA102 setup behind my TV. All the colours look very accurate except when the screen becomes fully white. The leds tend to get orange. Partial white screen works fine.

I guess this is a power issue but, before I start tinkering I need some advice.

I have a power brick rated for up to 130W at 5V. I put it a bit higher then 5v for more vibrant colours (5.4v). All the power cables are 1.5mm thick. I've connected the power to both sides of the strip and my guess is that that is the problem because the PCB is fairly thin and I think it can't carry enough power to turn all LEDS on.

• I can't seem to find how much power 200 APA102 leds would consume when fully white, is 130W enough?
    • If I would attach more power cables throughout the LED strip, is it better to interrupt the power cycle and power every few LEDS on their own or can I just attach them in parallel?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks, that rules out that my power supply can't provide enough power. It look similar yea, not as orange as in that picture but it does degrade. Around the start and end it's less orange than on the top.

I guess I need to split the power throughout the strip. Only question remaining is, would I need to separate the strips and feed them individually or can I just add power in parallel.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!