Installing Hyperion.ng

• I would also like some more detailed information on how to install hyperion.ng
    I have trouble getting my sk6812 led strip to work and I've read that the alpha might have better support for it. However, I don't know how to compile and run hyperion.ng. I have found the step-by-step guide.
    Running wget -qN https://raw.github.com/hyperio…scripts/docker-compile.sh && chmod +x *.sh && ./docker-compile.sh -t armv7hf
    doesn't seem to do anything.

• Hey guys, been using hyperion for a while now but wanna give this hyperion.ng ago. I've looked into this and was able to install it using this "
    wget -qN https://raw.github.com/hyperio…scripts/docker-compile.sh && chmod +x *.sh && ./docker-compile.sh -t rpi-raspbian" it seems as though it completed correctly. It seems to have installed into the /pi/deploy folder but after restarting it doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing a simple step here?

To get this to work I had to use rasbian stretch (wouldn't work on the latest rasbian for me)

Also, I'm not trying to hijack this post, just feel like im in a similar situation.

• Got it working, Thanks so much Paulchen-Panther. I actually just found the folder clicked on the application and it installed. Seems to be working great. Is there any fix for the flickering lights when the screen goes black. No big deal if not it doesn't really bother me. Really appreciate all the help.

• @Paulchen-Panther i wondered if you could help me out please?

I've just made a install of raspbian buster on my rpi, compiled latest hyperion.ng with your buster image:
    `wget -qN https://raw.github.com/hyperio…scripts/docker-compile.sh && chmod +x *.sh && ./docker-compile.sh -t rpi-raspbian-buster`

Then from within the deploy directory i ran:
    `sudo dpkg -i Hyperion.NG-Beta.1.0.0-Linux-rpi.deb`

I get the following output:

As instructed i then run:
    `systemctl status hyperiond@pi\x0api\x0api.service`

and i get:

If i restart the service and tail the logs i get:

Any idea what i am doing wrong?
    How come the service is now called 'hyperiond@pi\x0api\x0api.service` whereas when i built this back in march this year, it was only `hyperiond@pi\x0api.service`?
    I control my hyperion setup using ssh commands to start/stop the service, so it would be perfect if you knew what the correct commands to start/stop are.

Do i need to install a config somewhere for this to start maybe?

Thank you!

• @bnealon
    I have made a few changes. Can this deb file be installed without errors?

@Paulchen-Panther thanks very much for the build, doesnt seem to have changed much sadly :o(

I made a fresh install of Raspbian Buster, then SSH'd in from another machine as the default user 'Pi' and this was the first thing i did after that:

Heres my download and install output:

I then restarted the service, and here's the logs. It appears to keep cycling the service due to a failure for user `pix0apix0api`, is this user correct?

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!