Rpi3B+/arduino/w2812b issues

• Hello all, seen this awesome project with arduino ar raspberry pi with Hyperion and projecting back light on TV, thought will try....

Raspberry pi through usb connected to arduino and video device, then leds controlled by arduino and video converter in there hdmi 2 av and then splitter as well.

I got OSMC latest version installed and Hyperion configured. When i connect and start i have light pink or whites leflashes and the it will go black.

Trying to send color for demo and test getting message Unable to connect to host.

Can anybody give any assistance please?

• Do you intend to use the raspberry as media player, or only for Hyperion alone? If the latter, I'd recommend using Hyperion standalone on a stretch lite image rather than OSMC.
    Unable to connect to host points to Hyperion not even running properly, or not configured right.
    Either way, the Arduino should play a color sequence on power up without any influence from the raspberry already, so if that fails, your sketch or sketch settings for the arduino are wrong in the first place, or the wiring of the arduino is.

Without some additional logs, config files and what sketch you used, all we can do is guess.

• Thanks for quick reply Arakon,

Could you explain benefits of using just raspberry alone? As i thought split load on arduino and raspberry will be more quicker.
    If it is better could you link me please to how to example that i could retry of doing my project

I got smart TV so i use raspberry just for hyperion and arduino just controls LED

Hyperion is configured by basics nothing special, please see attached pictures.
    http://prntscr.com/ncb6yg (Hardware)
    http://prntscr.com/ncb76n (Grabber)

I am runing 258 LED on my TV and arduino sketch as follow:

I know that i use ttyUSB0 and video0 by searching it through PuTTY ls -l /dev/*USB* and ls -l /dev/*video*

When i power up first by pluging mu 5v power supply and raspberry after i will get led sequence working after that in Hyperion if i click start i will get diferent sequence led playing than before so i dont know what they should mean.

I am attaching as well log file from my session:

• Sorry, what I meant was not to use OSMC, since there's no point to using a full blown media player if you just need the Hyperion functionality.
    i.e. grab this image:
    [MEDIA=googledrive]1P5EYPAGexLDlyfdXKSOLKifzUr00K35c[/MEDIA]

And use that on the Pi. That's a basic linux with just the needed stuff for Hyperion.

• Ok so i dropped an image to my sd card, but you will have to guide me through this one.

Does this image have all libraries installed already or i need to update them?
    Is it preconfigurated, or all configurations need to be done? If so then where should i look for config file?

I think that is the main questions i have so far.
    Thanks

• Right buddy, installed image, connected to wifi, somehow managed to get it half way to english and connected with hyperion.
    Installed hyperion, loaded config and after started again.
    Unfortinetly i still doesn't work.

Please see config attached:

And this is the log of installing and testing:

My question what am i doing wrong? Any specific locations where hyperion needs to be installed? Or file needs to be moved manually to some diferent folder?

• Hypercon sometimes won't upload the config properly, check if /etc/hyperion contains the current hyperion.conf.json.
    If not, upload it manually using winscp, for example.

Also, it doesn't seem to detect your capture device properly.

Do you get the initial LED flash when you power it up? The LEDs should play some sort of color sequence if the arduino is working, and rainbow swirl sequence after if hyperion is working.

• I get light pink colour flash when i power up system 1st time and after i press start instead of rainbow sequence i get same colour but just diferent sequence flash. I cheked my config file and it is there and it seems to be that is the config i use.
    Hyperion knows LED sequence starting from 0 including it to my selected number 258 so in total i get 259 leds?
    Arduino does the same? Or arduino count starts from 1?

• The number of LEDs doesn't matter until it actually shows something. But yeah, arduino wants the real LED count, so 100 LEDs = 100 in Arduino.
    Are you sure the arduino is detected as ttyUSB0?
    Going by the hyperion log, there's still some sort of issue witht he video grabber. What exact model is it? Run "lsusb" and post the output here please.

• Here is the log after lsusb:

Code
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
    Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 18ec:5555 Arkmicro Technologies Inc.
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0424:7800 Standard Microsystems Corp.
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

As i understand Arkmicro is my video graber device, and i dont get which one is the arduino nano.
    For video capture i use EasyCAP device, dont know what processor is inside.

• Arakon - thanks for your help a lot, i received new EasyCAP with processor you sugested and it works perfectly!

Althou i still have some questions, it works great with PS4 but not with TV which i watch through internet on my smart tv.

Shoul i plug PS4 directly to TV and use 1 output and 1 input on my splitter? or i need switcher for both of them?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!