LEDs flickering sometimes on colors

• Hi,

I have an issue with my leds. When I'm watching something and only a few colors are displaying, colors are flickering. I have no issues with white though.

VIDEO:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Config:

My hardware:
    - RPi 3 with OpenELEC
    - APA 102
    - USBTV007 Grabber (Easier Cap), same issue with STK1160

I have connected my Fire TV Stick via HDMI, but the same issue occurs when using the internal grabber.

Log:

Code
    ssh in:     INFO: V4L2 grabber created and started
    ssh in:     BORDER SWITCH REQUIRED!!
    ssh in:     CURRENT BORDER TYPE: unknown=0 hor.size=0 vert.size=0
    ssh in:     INFO: Application closed with code 0
    ssh in:     V4L2GRABBER INFO: stopped
    ssh in:     EFFECTENGINE INFO: Cleaning up Python interpreter

Grabber image:

The issue is NOT occuring when applying ONE color (with Phone App) to all LEDs. So the LED's seem fine I guess.

Wiring:

Any help is appreciated.

• I had something similar, as noted in your solid color working fine. This thread is what set me down the path to resolution. I'm using a 2813 so it was more pronounced but it turned out to be the 2.5a generic canakit power supply. Steady white leads me to believe it's not a power drop issue. Swapped it out for an adafruit power supply with a ferrite core on it and the flicker's been eliminated. Something to try anyway.

• What did you put at smooth ms and Hz?

I think I fixed it by putting :
    frameDecimation" : 2,
    "sizeDecimation": 2

You can try 1 and 1 but you can see CPU raspberry using almost 90%

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!