Multi-HDMI Devices Setup | 4k 65 inch TV using Hyperion

• Hi,
    I finally finished my setup for my living room.

I use about 4.5m WS2801 Leds to completely circle my 65 inch TV. Altogether I use 144 Leds.
    A Raspberry Pie powered with OSMC is used as a controller. The software for this is of course Hyperion.

As power supply I currently use a self-constructed computer power supply, which gives me a constant 5v with enough amps. During the color calibration I only had to adjust the green. Otherwise they fit quite well.

How are the devices connected to each other?
    I use my sound receiver from Denon as my distributor. All my different HDMI devices go into the receiver. From there an HDMI cable goes into the 4k 60hz splitter. One output goes into the TV, the other into the HDMI to Av COnverter and then into the Grabber.
    So I can switch pleasantly between sources without any problems and enjoy the Ambilight.

Components used:
    Leds: https://de.aliexpress.com/item…042311.0.0.14674c4dD44fCf
    Grabber: https://www.aliexpress.com/sna…848&productId=32816305573
    Switch:
    Converter:

Here are some demonstration videos and pictures:

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
      Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
      Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
      Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
      Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Regards
    Marcel

• I know this is old, but are you able to get a 4K signal with HDR with this setup?

I know there are issues with dual output AVR systems that downscale to the "weakest" signal (i.e. the 1080P converter). Does your AVR downscale on the second output?

• I know this is old, but are you able to get a 4K signal with HDR with this setup?

I know there are issues with dual output AVR systems that downscale to the "weakest" signal (i.e. the 1080P converter). Does your AVR downscale on the second output?

Hi Irwin,
    sorry for this late response. In the case that you are still interested here is my response :)
    WIth this Splitter I am indeed able to watch HDR in 4k. That splitter has the functionality to downscale for the second output while holding the source signal for my first output.
    It works quite well, unfortunately sometimes it bugs and you have to restart the switch which is just one click. But that´s it, besides that it work really good

Update:
    The splitter linked above is an old one which did not work.
    I am using this one: https://xolorspace.com/collect…mi-splitter-auto-downcale

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!