leds wont go out with static colour and --sourceoff

• Hi im not sure if this is an bug but, when i run an effect and then do the --sourceoff. Its ok
    But when im running from an static colour (hyperion-remote -c red) and then run --sourceoff, the leds stay on.

I mad an workaround script that before i use --sourceoff, im using --clear. Is this normal behoiver and should i keep my workaround, or is this something hardcoded related?

Maybe its handy to hardcode a --clear statemenat if we run --sourceoff

• > Maybe its handy to hardcode a --clear statemenat if we run --sourceoff

it's not handy, - in general - if "clear" calling is neccesary then there is a bug. Such workarounds you suggest will hide the real bug.

I don't know if you understand how the hyperion priority stack works ... here a basic introduction:
    (picture from wiki)

there several input generators. E.g. every effect, grabber or static color is a input generator. This genrates a list of colors per led (led colors). The led-colors are put into another list. The list has 2147483647 slots for led-color lists. When no specific input is selected, the first list of led-colors is shown. (first means the list with lowest index).
    "sourceOff" simply means show led-colors in slot 2147483647 The is the last led-color list and it contains black values.

I can reproduce the behaviour you discovered. This is definitly a bug. When a static color is set input source switching wont work as expected. (regardless if you want to switch to "off" source or e.g. "grabber" source)

• Hi, im not sure if this is the right location but,,,,
    id wanted to update it to latest version of ng to check if the problem is solved and if i could remove the --clear statement in my scripts.

But after recompile im getting this error:
    i did sudo service hyperion stop
    and start without avail so i tried manually and getting back this error:

Code
    iiidefconiii@htpc:/etc/hyperion$ hyperiond hyperion.config.json
    [root].grabber-v4l2: no schema definition
    [HYPERIOND MAIN] <ERROR> Hyperion Daemon aborted:
      ERROR: Json validation failed
    [HYPERIOND MAIN] <ERROR> Hyperion aborted:
      Hyperion::getInstance used without call of Hyperion::initInstance before

i used the exact same options in the compileguide txt file as before on oldler versions.

i cannot start the leds up, gladly i made a backup an i can revert, but i dont get the point why its not working anymore. Im using the latest version thats on github on date 10/7/2016 2:33 PM GMT+1

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!