Stuttering and flickering playback with netflix on RPi 3+

• Hey guys,

I have a problem with this add on: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

Whenever playing something with this add on the playback stutters (black screen a couple of seconds). It even seems the HDMI signal breaks because my TV sometimes says "No signal" before showing "HDMI2" on the top again. Smetimes playback also flickers and the sound interrupts.

I tried LibreELEC 9.0.1 and most recent OSMC. Same problem with both. I am using a RPi 3+ (B). On YouTUbe playback works fine and InputStream Adaptive only plays 720p (max, no 1080p).

Sounds a lot like this one. But switching to OSMC did not work :/
    https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion/issues/750

My json config:

[MEDIA=pastebin]y77y2r5H[/MEDIA]

Could this be some power issue?

I have 86 LEDs, a 5V, 10A power adapter. I connected GND to extra power adapter and RPi, is it a problem if to much current flow through the RPi GND and not the extra power adapter instead? (Sorry I am not experienced with that stuff :D)

• I have the same problem with hyperion on an RPi4 2GB. I first experienced this on my RPi3+ and thought it was an performance issue. I tried again with my new Pi4 this morning and the flickering still appears. It might be noteworthy that although the screen goes black, the ambilight seems to be working just fine. Without hyperion the playback is working fine. With all other sources, local media, zattoo, mediathek, there is no problem at all.

I can give more details on my setup and provide logs as early as Saturday.

• Hello,
    I face the similar problem with this Netflix plugin + RPi3b + Kodi18 + Raspbian Buster.

With Hyperion active if I play Netflix video with 1080 resolution the HDMI connection drops, and with 720p screen starts to flicker. If I stop Hyperion then video plays perfectly fine.

Now I have reduced the resolution to 480p in Input Adaptive stream setting and video plays fine with hyperion active.

Hey there,

yes works fine w/o hyperion.

Overclocked the Pi and it seems to work fine now. Apparently decoding DRM from Netflix and Hyperion was too much ...

Could you please share your overclocking setting for RPi3b+ .

• Hi all,

i have the same issue with a Pi4.

It is a hyperion bug in combination with inputstream.adaptive (Netflix) and 1080p software decoding with a Raspberry Pi 4.

Im using LE 9.2 final and latest versions of inputstream.adaptive and Hyperion Addon.

If you watching a netfix video with internal grabber you got black screen (Ambilight is working). If you change to external grabber all works fine.
    There is a bug with internal grabber.

Here a video:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Anybody who can fix this ?

• Same problem here with rpi4 and libreelec 9.2.1
    Watching netflix without hyperion worjs fine, activating it causes blackscreen flickering.
    Any fixes?

I've got similar issue on all videos by changing the internal grabber frame size to some other values tgan default (was just a try). After returning to default it was working as expected again, but with netflix it seems there is no solution?!

• Changing widht/height in the config is not working for me.

As soon as I start hyperion the netflix-stream goes blank. Help please, this makes Hyperion completely unusable for me.

Go to Kodi settings and change GUI resolution from 1080p 60hz to 1080p 30hz.
    That's how I fixed this problem on my end.

• Go to Kodi settings and change GUI resolution from 1080p 60hz to 1080p 30hz.
    That's how I fixed this problem on my end.

I found another way to fix it. For whatever reason my fresh installation of LibreELEC was set to 1080i instead of 1080p. After changing it, Hyperion worked again, no matter what frame rate I chose (50 or 60 is fine).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!