Frame grabber video format standart is NTSC?

• Hello,

I was setting up Hyperion today. Big thanks for the nice usage using HyperCon.

When it came to getting images via v4l2 grabber I notifced that a huge bottom part in the image was missing. All grabber settings were default (video format = no change). When I changed the video format to PAL the image was complete. Changed back to no change and the image was still good. Changed to NTSC and part was missing. Changed back to no change and part again was missing.

It appears to me that no change always gets the last setting or NTSC by default? This is confusing because I would assume that it gets correct setting automatically.
    So I am not sure if this is a bug or wanted, in case of the second I would suggest renaming it to something that this becomes clear.

Thank you for all the work you put into this project. It's simply awesome!

Greetz, S3cret

• Offizieller Beitrag

if you switch for example to PAL, then the grabber works with pal...and when you choose "no change" then it changes nothing and pal will stay...same with ntsc..."no change" uses the last option that is selected :)

• Well, in that case I may ask what this setting is for. Just put PAL and NTSC into the list and its fine. It is totally confusing this way and by default it was NTSC but said it 'no change'.

• So, the answer from tvdzwan:
    no-change' implies that hyperion will open the v4l device as it is currently configured. This option allows the user to configure it with the controls of v4l and then leave it as is.

addition from Rick164:
    You can set it manually via v4l commandline and it will remember that change but it will be a rare user case.

So we will remove it from the drop-down :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!