I want to use Hyperion with ONLY my PC and a Raspberry PI

• Hello, as you can see above I want to use the awesome Hyperion Software with just my PC and an Arduino Nano or just a Raspberry Pi, is that somehow possible or do I have to get an HDMI Splitter, SCART Adapter and USB Grabber and that stuff? There would be around 150 LEDs behind my Screen just in case that matters. Oh, and what does the x86/64 Prefix stand for? I hope it stands for 32bit/64bit so for PCs.

• Afaik you dont need all that stuff if you only want to use your PC.
    Here it would be sufficient to have a RPi where you can connect your LED's (with the right LED's you dont even need an Arduino) which runs Hyperion and the Windows Grabber. Both systems would be connected by LAN.

More experienced Member should correct me if i am wrong.

Infact i plan nearly the same because my HTPC runs Kodi and my Game PC Windows. These are the only two sources which feed my TV. So i dont see any need for using USB Grabber, HDMI Splitter etc.

• Afaik you dont need all that stuff if you only want to use your PC.
    Here it would be sufficient to have a RPi where you can connect your LED's (with the right LED's you dont even need an Arduino) which runs Hyperion and the Windows Grabber. Both systems would be connected by LAN.

More experienced Member should correct me if i am wrong.

Infact i plan nearly the same because my HTPC runs Kodi and my Game PC Windows. These are the only two sources which feed my TV. So i dont see any need for using USB Grabber, HDMI Splitter etc.

What do you mean by connected by LAN? Just the Raspberry Pi and PC connected to the same network (LAN for best Speed)? And do you maybe have an Image or a good guide on how to setup Windows Grabber and Hyperion on the Raspberry Pi because I'm kinda confused by the guides on this side here xD? And which Raspberry Pi should I use, should I Buy a Pi 3 or can I use a Pi 2?

• Greetings,
    as @darkside40 already said: To run Hyperion you need a Linux or MacOS system (Windows not supported, yet).
    Workaround: Cheapest solution would be a Raspberry Pi 1 with your leds attached. To get your picture from Windows PC to Raspberry Pi you could use Hyperion ScreenCap https://hyperion-project.org/threads/windows-grabber.74/
    The data is transmitted over network (lan or wlan (doesn't matter that much))

Maybe we hit some day the possibility for a windows version.
    Have fun

• Greetings,
    as @darkside40 already said: To run Hyperion you need a Linux or MacOS system (Windows not supported, yet).
    Workaround: Cheapest solution would be a Raspberry Pi 1 with your leds attached. To get your picture from Windows PC to Raspberry Pi you could use Hyperion ScreenCap https://hyperion-project.org/threads/windows-grabber.74/
    The data is transmitted over network (lan or wlan (doesn't matter that much))

Maybe we hit some day the possibility for a windows version.
    Have fun

Okay so a Windows PC Connected to Raspberry Pi via Screencap then install Hyperion on the Raspberry Pi and connect it with an Arduino to run WS2812B LEDs. (Basically follow this guide:https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/) Right? Thanks for the answers, really excited, this will be awesome if I get it to work. ^^

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!