Can I use 60 LEDs/m APA102 for a 55" TV?

• Hi All,

Awesome project, going to give this a go for my 55" TV. I already have a HTPC running KODI so my plan is to set this up on my pi and then use the kodi plugin. I believe it is possible to run Hyperion this way (server/client) on 2 separate devices?

I have seen the 60 LEDs/m and wondering if I can use these instead?

I have been reading the No Soldering guide (https://hyperion-project.org/t…mbilight-no-soldering.77/) and it mentions:

• Attention: If you use more then 32leds/m we run into power issues and the strip is more then 10mm width (which is not compatible with our connectors)
    • Attention: This solution has a limit of around 100LEDs, cause the connectors are not capable to handle the power delivery!

The problem seems to suggest power delivery and the connectors....
    I can get the soldering done for me. But should I be using any particular cable/wire for the corners?
    Even with the soldering, should I be using a power supply with more power for 60 LEDs/m for a 55" TV (Probably be around 4/5m). e.g.
    5V30A, 5V40A, 5V50A, 5V60A?

Thanks!

• I don't know about your setup, but I've already use hyperion with WS2801 strip in a 50" TV and a fixed wall mount.
    To get the best results I had to add some spacers to the wall mount in order to have the back of the TV at around 6cm of the wall.
    I've also added a plastic rail that allows me to fix the LED strip with an angle of around 30 degrees.

• I don't know about your setup, but I've already use hyperion with WS2801 strip in a 50" TV and a fixed wall mount.
    To get the best results I had to add some spacers to the wall mount in order to have the back of the TV at around 6cm of the wall.
    I've also added a plastic rail that allows me to fix the LED strip with an angle of around 30 degrees.

I got a 10mm wide strip of plastic and cut it into 4 lengths and used the adhesive backing on the led strips to stick it down.

Then I 3D printed some 45 degree wedges - 4 on each side and 6 along the top and bottom. These were glued to the strip and then blu-tak to hold them to the back of the tv.

Sounds good. I'll need to find some plastic rails and wedges

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!