Fisheye Lens Grabber and Using Bezier Curves for LED Configuration

• ...breaking this off from another thread that got too technical for the other channel...

Curious if any of the developer could chime on if this could theoretically work to pseudo-solve 4K hardware issue (more far below).

Synopsis

• HyperionNG
    • or very wide angle lens camera grabber mounted close range (assume complete view of screen)
    • Creating a hyperion.config.json file with the led's hscan/vscan oriented using a tool like the screenshot below.

• Proof of Concept cobbled-together half-baked example using Bezier curves for definition of a fisheye LED configuration. Hacked together from this code.

Define "Theoretically Work"

• LED colors approximate the screen edges to work with movies

• Black bar detection would be a big plus, almost essential (most questionable in my mind)

• Can manually or externally tweak the config.json to adjust the LED layout in curves
    • Built-in-to-TV smart streaming services would work.

Thoughts

• Kludgy hack! Yep.
    • Won't work with changes in lighting! Watch TV in the dark.
    • It could move! Duct tape.
    • Hyperion UI doesn't work or save like that! Don't care too much if it loads my config.
    • Live with HDR washout! Yeah, you're probably right.
    • Spend the money on HDFury! Yeah, you're probably right.
    • Wait until better 4K hardware support! Probably best course of action.

Background

• Using hyperion with proper 4K support for HDR, HDR10, Dolby Vision is very pricey. Seemingly between $500 - $700 USD for HDFury hardware

• Just brought a 4K TV and Disc player
  • Re: "Nice try" : I just created a sample bit of code to curve the LED regions. I haven't persisted them to JSON yet. I was hoping the DEV team could let me know if its worth pursuing.

Re: "Wash out" : Not exactly. The inexpensive 4K digitizer equipment doesn't render HDR content to the video stream properly. Colors lose their brightness and become closer to white/gray (like when you wash a bright colored shirt many times in the washing machine, the shirt loses its color) as I understand it. The camera wouldn't capture all the brightness of HDR, but it probably be better than the washed-out color the digitizer would produce.

• If u ask me, the best way to support this is converting fish eye to normal rectangle surface, just like u would do with quadrilateral camera transform eg. from perspective.
    Hyperion would need to have a transform function to map any selected surface to a rectangle, in reality two options fish eye and quad, its the easiest way for the system, u dont need to change anything further as everything is already expecting rect.
    There is already an ambilight system that uses fish eye for the purpose https://www.ambivision.tv/ So it is a viable option.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!