Using Ambient Lighting without external input sources

• Hello,
    I‘m writing this because I want to use ambient Lighting but i don‘t use external video sources (just the apps on my tv) i saw that there are Solutions which are controlled by apps but only on Android tv.
    I‘m using the TV Samsung ru7099 which runs on tizen os which is based on linux.
    Is there any possibility to use ambient Lighting without external video sources?

• Smart TVs have no market in allowing video out, so it's not a option to get a video feed from newer smart tvs. Look up "scart" in the forum if you have an older model.
    I have seen a cheap solution for a led system that uses a camera mount on your tv set. it's a questionable piece of hardware, and you also have a weird prop on your tv top. I haven't personally seen any specs on setting up a video capture version of the ambilight system, but I know it is possible and some people have done it. I think you would use the camera in on your rpi as source for the v4l2 image, from there you just need to power your LEDs properly.
    I use my iPhone to drive the lights and then cast the picture to the tv, but that is still an external source and I am not getting 4k/UHD.
    Lastly, I have a dream that someone will crack open a samsung tv and try to hack a video feed from the internal hardware, but there is no way I am doing that with my new tv - :LOL:!

• Yes, this thread is old, but still highly relevant.
    I guess if we were able to install the Hyperion Android Grabber on the TV OS, it would solve the problem.

For Samsung TV's, that would require a Tizen version of the Grabber. I'm not sure if that exists, and if it does, would it require rooting the TV?

• Offizieller Beitrag

it would always require root, you need to grab the picture etc....but for samsungtvs etc it is very hard...best tvs are LG for now

i'm not sure if only installing the app on android tvs ar enough...still would need some modifications etc....sadly

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!