Broke Hyperion on new Kodi update

• Hi All. I had a Hyperion installation on Kodi running on Raspberry Pi which was working beautifully for a year or so. After a Kodi update, it stopped. I have done a bit of diagnosis (ssh into pi/openelec, and run hyperion script) and see the following...

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # ./hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

So it looks to me like hyperion requires libfontconfig library, but it is not present in this version of Kodi.
    It seems OpenELEC/Kodi is locked down and doesn't allow installation of libraries - no sudo, no apt-get...
    Could anyone help me out with this issue? Do I need to update Hyperion and if so will this fix the issue?

I tried to find my Hyperion version - I see 'hyperion-v412' in the hyperion directory.

Thanks
    A

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried to find my Hyperion version - I see 'hyperion-v412' in the hyperion directory.

that is v4L2 video 4 Linux version 2 :)

but just try a update of hyperion

• I have followed the installation directions carefully (on the DOWNLOAD link). Specificaly, I have installed/run HyperCon.jar, removed the previous hyperion installation - checked that the /storage/hyperion directory is gone via ssh (it is). Then I did a HyperCon "install/update. That created the /storage/hyperion directory. I copied over the old config file - but in any case the following error happens independent of that... when I try to manually run the hyperion-remote script I get my original problem - that is, can't find the libfontconfig.so library file. I also can't find this anywhere on my OpenELEC/kodi

OpenELEC:~/hyperion/bin # /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote.sh --priority 50 --color red --duration 5000

/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperion-remote: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I really need help on this - I think I am doing the installation correctly, according to the instructions here.
    But I seem to not have a library file that is needed/expected. I don't know how to fix this.

• An update on this - I decided to do a fresh/clean install of KODI and Hyperion and everything is now working OK.
    I guess I had a corrupt Kodi installation - possibly through the use of an unstable development build at some stage...?
    Anyway, just thought I'd report everything A-OK now.

• Hi,

I have this problem:

ssh in: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I dont know what I doing? Can you help me, pls?

• Hyperion Broke on OpenElec 8, on Update as well as clean install.

Error:

ssh out: cat /storage/logfiles/hyperion.log
    ssh in: /storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help will be much appreciated!

• Same issue here after updating to OpenElec 8.0 and reinstalling hyperion:

"/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

• I had the same problem after upgrading from OpenElec 7.0.1 to 8.0.1.
    The libraries libfontconfig.so.1 and also libfreetype.so.6 are missing and hyperion seems to have dependencies to them (for whatever reason...).
    Workaround I used and is working for me so far:

• Downgraded to OpenElec 7.0.1
    • Searched for libfontconfig.so.1 and libfreetype.so.6 and stored them on my fileshare
    • Upgraded to OpenElec 8.0.1
    • Copied libfontconfig.so.1 and libfreetype.so.6 to /storage/hyperion/bin
    • Rebooted
    • --> Hyperion is up and running again without complaining

But I've to mention, that I had some issues rebooting OpenElec and Kodi not starting up correctly two times after performing this workaround. Maybe there are some sideeffects. But since I'm really rarly rebooting my pi running with OpenElec and Kodi is currently running, I hope, this will work since there is a proper fix for that.

• Hi there,

got exactly the same problem today. Tried to update from Openelec 7 and stuck in installing Hyperion with :

"/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

Anyone got a working solution or can share with us the missing libraries/files ?

Many thanks

• Hi, I have the same problem, but I can't find the libraries libfontconfig.so.1 and libfreetype.so.6, I'm searching onto openelec 7.0.1 by SSH but I don't find. Anyone help me?? Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!