4k HDR Capable HDMI Splitter (supposedly)

• PassThrough works with ezcap 269, no problems with TV 4k60 & HDR or any other resolution/FPS (I had some problems before with VSP01201 and UTV007)
    For capture: HDR colors are degraded but can be somehow fixed on startup with:

Code
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl contrast=220
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl saturation=255
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl brightness=128
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl hue=16

I'm happy with it.
    BTW there is update for ezcap 269 that finally can be flashed but there is no changelog or whatever ...this is so chinese.

• Hi all,

As a huge fan of Hyperion, I recently upgraded my home cinema system to a 4K setup. Now I am looking for a good solution for hyperion to control my ledstrip and after reading this thread I got confused which HDMI splitter I should buy.

My setup includes the following gear:

• Sony Bravia A8G 4K oled TV
    • Marantz SR7013 AV Surround Receiver
    • Apple TV 4K
    • Vero4K+
    • Sony Playstation 4

All devices are connected to the SR7013 thru HDMI and acts as a HDMI switch, it has an HDMI output (arc), which goes to a HDMI splitter (UHD 4K). From the HDMI splitter output 1 goes directly to the Sony Bravia, while output 2 goes to the HDMI AV. From the HDMI AV a connection goes to a grabber, which is connected to a Raspberry PI 3B. This RPI is the Hyperion server, running the latest compiled HyperionNG. Attached to this RPI is an Arduino Nano, with a sketch installed, which controls a ws2815 (12V) ledstrip attached to the Sony Bravia and has 267 leds (top: 85, left: 49, right: 49, bottom: 84 and a gap of 1 led).

After running some Hyperion Effects all looks good, the leds work well. However, the HDMI splitter (without scaling) and HDMI AV are from my previous 1080p setup and need to be replaced by a better solution to support 4K, HDR etc. Most important is that from source to TV the best picture quality is displayed. Secondly that all sources are working with Hyperion, so that the ledsstrip works. I've added a drawing of how all is connected.

I've read about the ezcap269, Vertex Fury and Vertex Diva but is unclear to me if those sollutions work.

Any advice is very much welcome :).

• I posted in this thread about Ezcap 269.
    You can compare how it treat HDR and check if it fits you.
    Original HDR10 in SDR via software conversion that was captured OK as a reference.

Previous firmware and no tweaks -> bleak colors. This is the problem of 99.99% matrix/capture cards on the market (even Elgato S60+ can capture it as the closed proprietary format only):

And almost correct image with the newest firmware upgrade for Ezcap 269 + some software tune

Code
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl brightness=100
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl hue=2

Another way to go is HDFury $$$.

• @rasp, thanks for your reply!
    So basically I have to options, either buy an Ezcap 269 + latest firmware + software tune on the hyperion server or a HDFury? Which of the HDFury products would do the job right? Diva https://www.hdfury.eu/shop/hdfurydiva/ , Vertex 2 https://www.hdfury.eu/shop/hdfury-vertex-2/ or maybe another?

Do I still need the HdmiAV + grabber and only replace the splitter with either an Ezcap or HDFury?

sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure before placing an order.

• I'm not sure but I suppose that only Diva and HDfury x4 can handle it but in different ways/configs. This is the best solution as it can detect HDR/SDR source.
    With Ezcap I can force my player to output every movie as a bt2020/HDR so I dont need to switch color format. If you have multiple sources then you need to add HDR capable switch to ezcap (HDR source1/source2/...->switch->Ezcap->TV). Ezcap is a capture card so you dont need another one.

• @rasp, suppose I order the Ezcap 269, how do I connected it in my current setup? See the attachment (https://hyperion-project.org/attachments/img_2590-jpeg.2546/) of my previous post. I don't see two outputs on the Ezcap 269, one to go to the TV and one to go to Hyperion?

Perhaps you are available for chat at Hyperion discord? https://discord.gg/uSVJgj

• Hi, can you post the output of

Code
    v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext

for the ezcap 269.

I am interested in the card, but I need the information and cannot find anything about it.

greetings pclin

Dreambox ONE / TWO

dreamOS OE2.6

Amlogic S922X - 53.000 DMIPS - 2 GB RAM - 16 GB Flash - Twin-DVB-S2X Tuner - HDR10 - HLG
    -
    AudioDSP: miniDSP 2x4HD - Amp: Pentagon - Lautsprecher ELAC / ARENDAL
    LG OLED65BX9LB (PicCap, hyperion.NG webOS)

FireTV 4K max

-
    hyperion (classic) & Plugin HyperionControl | hyperion-ng 2.0.16-beta.1 (dreamOS)
    Hyperion-ng (Debian bullseye)
    -
    6 x ESP32/Wemos D1 mini - WLED - SK6812 RGBW-NW 60 LEDs/m
    FeinTech VSP01201 - Grabber Macrosilicon

LG TV Hyperion webOS & PicCap

snoozer_likelinux_manvtkns.gif

Ambilight for ever

• Yes, certainly. As we speak I have the pre-compile 2.0-alpha.6 running, because the master branch gave me errors (https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/issues/881) while starting it. Also the Hyperion App for iOS gave weird behaviour on the master. Solid colours did not work :facepalm:. So that made me switch back to the pre-compile .deb.

• @rasp and other, today I received the ezcap269, I flashed the latest firmware and replace the switch and grabber from my previous setup. On the RPI3B I executed the commands:

Code
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl brightness=128
    /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl hue=16

The AV Receiver output goes to the input of the ezcap269, while the output of the ezcap269 goes to the Sony Bravia. All sources (AppleTV 4K, Vero4K+ (Kodi) and PS4) are connected to the AV Receiver. The HyperionNG version I installed is the precompiled version from here https://github.com/hyperion-pr…-alpha.6-Linux-armv7l.deb, All settings are per default, only the Plaform Capture is disabled and instead I enabled USB Capture and left all settings for it as default. Led Hardware is configured as Adalight where Output path is /ttyUSB0 and the LED layout has the settings corresponding with my ledstrip.

When the AppleTV 4K is setup to output 4K SD, the signal is send the AV to the ezcap269 and to the TV, while HyperionNG gets the signal to control the ledstrip. So far so good. Then I switch to the Vero4K+, since Kodi is setup the output 1080p, the AV receiver sends 1080p to the ezcap269 and also to the TV. In both cases the colours of the ledstrip look pretty much the same as the colours on TV. I do notice some delay between the colours on TV and the Ledstrip, but this issue might be solved on the master of HyperionNG? (I read a couple of pages back you noticed the same issue).

Beside the delay, I faced another issue, but this probably not related to HyperionNG and perhaps not even related to ezcap269. So this might be off-topic. But when I switch back to the AppleTV as a source (where it was Vero4K / Kodi at 1080p before), the AppleTV switches to 1080p as output instead of 4K SD. And the option to select 4K SD is not available. For some reason the AppleTV no longer detects a device attached to it which supports 4K, while it could before. The only way to get the AppleTV back to 4K SD, is to remove the ezcap269 from the setup and directly connect the output of the AV receiver to the TV. Switching forward and backward between AppleTV and Vero4K (Kodi) without ezcap269, works perfectly fine, but once I put back in the ezcap269, AppleTV looses 4K, this makes the whole ambilight setup unusable :( Hopefully one of you guys have an idea how to solve this.

• I do notice some delay between the colours on TV and the Ledstrip, but this issue might be solved on the master of HyperionNG? (I read a couple of pages back you noticed the same issue).

Yes I can confirm that. The reason is that part of the code that copies byte by byte, color by color (I know that this is more complicated issue and code should be platform independent) in V4L2Grabber.cpp:

But even 640x480 and decimation==1 is too much for Rpi3 and causes very big lag.
    This patch below works very fast for 1024x768 and decimation>=2. Decimation == 1 breaks the www live feed (capture works OK) for unknown to me reason, probably memory sharing:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!