Random blinking lights

• Sorry in advance. I tried searching but came up with too many results that didnt fit what I was seeing in my issue.

I just finished connecting my LEDs and now I'm trying to get the software right. I followed the guide here: https://hyperion-project.org/t…-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.8/

I am using:
    Rpi 2 w/ Openelec 7 and Hyperion
    Arduino Uno
    STK1160 video grabber
    231 WS2812 leds

Programming the Arduino seems fine. It blinks it's startup sequence each time. I also tested did a strand test on them and everthing worked great, so wiring seems fine.

Loaded Openelec and Hyperion and at first things seemed ok. I saw them lighting up according to what Kodi showed on the screen and was able to use the Android app to send a few effects to it with no issue.

Then I got to the part where I disabled Kodi and loaded a config to use the screen grabber and things went bonkers. Right now I am getting no lights except random blinking here and there. Here is my config.

and my last log

Can anyone see where I might have gone wrong?

Edit: It also seems to be affecting the effects I can send from the app. If I try and pick a color on the wheel most of the strip turns that color but then parts will flash in different colors.

• I did read that in a few tutorials that the fushicai is now the recommended grabber than the stk1160. I wasnt sure if that was just a matter of preference or is there an actual technical limitation to using the stk1160 in my setup? I read a few posts were people were running either or so I assumed it was just a preference. I already had the stk1160 and could not find a fushicai grabber in the US for a reasonable price (under $30).

• ah ok thanks. I will try and find the fushicai at then and hopefully that will resolve the issue. Sorry if this is in the wrong area then. I figured since the wiring all seemed ok and everything worked up until I tried to start using the grabber, it might have been a configuration error.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!