Level Shifter based MOS

• Hello,

i'm Azzuro, i'm new in the hyperion community.
    i'm in the elaborating since a while now, to create my own ambilight project ( at least more complex)
    i started with WS2801 bull led, and an Arduino (teensy2 board) using AtmoWin and MediaPortal.

i decided to jump on RPi with APA102 (265 led).

reading carrefully your wiki, i see than using an RPi for leds, it's better to includ an level shifter.
    i buy an small level shifter board ready to use, found on ebay.

can you say me , if it's an good solution and i can go with this ?

the model :

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/2919505…geName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Description:
    Four MOS tube : four channel , two-way conversation 3V and 5V
    The power input with anti-reverse protection, integrated 3.3VLDO,and provide current less than 150mA
    With power indicate
    Used for UART/IIC/1-WIRE/SPI

• I have read on few thread, than the 74HCT00 is not the best version for use it as level shifter. Due to low voltage of the rpi, the version 74HC00 without the T should be an better choice. What do you think?

• thanks,
    i received today my rpi3
    installed OSMC, and wait like an younger, to be back to home for connecting led and try.
    i'm only surprised, than Hypercon download osmc build for RPi2 instead of RPi3.

• Hello guy's
    i have connected all my system to RPi + level shifter ( MOS-fet)

for now the setup is :
    265 led APA102
    wired with 18AWG ( power + data ) + Power connector on each corner ( 4x0.75mm²)
    PSU : RSP-75-5 (15A - 5 V)
    RPi3 : OSMC + Hyperion ( Network LAN )
    HTPC : MediaPortal (using Atmolight)
    Connection to LED : RPi - SPI

for now, it seems work with my actual level shifter, i can see few flickering on the green and the blue color.
    i have buy an 74HCT00, i must try with it on test breadboard, if better or not.

i can try with an arduino too, and an proper sketch.

except the flickering, i have an delay on the leds display. my TV show the color before the leds. between 1-2 sec.
    on the RGB sequence test video, it's an big joke. :sickxx:
    it's maybe an good solution to open a new thread for this issue.

@Rick164, i'm here ;)

• Hello, i think found my culprit
    the delay come from MediaPoral with MadVR enabled
    watching movie and TV with EVR, the delay is better (the led has few ms of delay on the rgb sequence test )
    only need to improve my setup ( lan ... )

About the levelshifter, except few randomn lightning it seems working great on APA102 ( need to investigate this point)
    i must power on directly from PSU, because i will try to use an extension wire, for store the RPi inside my tv stand
    need to try the 74HCT00
    do you have an method for comparing both result ?

• hello guy's,

i have used the 74HCT00 as alternative, i have too much flickring compared to Mosfet level shifter.
    so for me, ac my actual stage, the mosfet is less sensible than the nand gate.

but i always have sometime "flash" on few leds randomly , i think the issue come with my PSU, but is not so bad, it 's an Meanwell RSP75-5.
    i know my wires lenght are very long ( 5meter ) between the Pi and the 1st led, but the wire gauge is an 18AWG. i reduced the number of flickering by adding an extra wire between levelshifter and PSU (60 cm 20 AWG), but always few "flash"
    do you think i can connect the +5v of the PI on level shifter ? instead of the PSU, and make an common GND on return ?

i will try to make an scheme board, but what software of websoftware do you use for create good draw ?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!