LED flickering and color not even

• Hi

I'm having troubles with setting up my Hyperion + 172 WS2812b LED's + Arduino Uno R3.
    For some reason I can't get a "stable" color (without flickering). Also when I set up a "static color" to display, it's not even. First part of the LED strip is brighter and has different HUE than rest of it.

Can this be the cause that I use 5V 3A power supply? Maybe something else?

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks!

• I fairly sure a 3 Amp power supply is insufficient for your needs. Each LED is about 60ma max draw X 172 is about 10.4 amps max.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a bit new to this as well.

Akriss.

• Ok a small update. My new power supply is here and it helped a little bit but the color still wasn't even along whole stripe.
    I was able to solve this by connecting end of the stripe to the power supply just like the beggining. Now all seems to be fine :)

One last thing that worries me a little bit is that color smoothing is not super fluid. It's a little bit choppy for a fracture of second.
    My grabber frequency is set to 10.0HZ and smoothing updateFrequency to 25.0000. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for all previous replies!

• I found if I had set the "serialRate" at 115200 or lower in my .INO "sketch" it seemed choppy.

I now have it set to 500000. It seems more responsive now.

Also don't forget to mirror the setting in your hyperion.config.json, the "rate" setting.

Hope it helps.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!