Windows Grabber

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dxdiag and config looks fine, same hardware setup I had last month (GTX970) as well so can rule out any issues there :)
    Below is a new build which will output all displays it can find to the debug.log including their indexes, also a few other things to try:

- System DPI is currently set to 144 DPI and while I don't suspect this can interfere with capture would try it with 100% (no upscaling)
    - Would try english language / locale, while unlikely we can then rule that out as well.

Download link for debug build:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aik_1r9bUPQAihHnUshtTZJpSLk_

• Hi, i got the same error. This is my debug with 0,1,2 as screen.

Gonna use monitor with index: 1
    Index: 0
    Device name: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Refresh rate: 60
    Is primary: True
    Gonna use monitor with index: 0
    Gonna use monitor with index: 2
    Connected to Hyperion server on 192.168.1.124!
    Connected to Hyperion server on 192.168.1.124!

• Very odd, so one display with the correct property readout (index 0) out but not working :(
    Not sure why at this point but will dig around in the code a bit :)

Hi,
    Just remember one thing... I'm using a TV as a monitor, and despite windows telling me that the refresh rate is 60Hz in all games I get 59Hz instead...
    Just an hint...

• Maybe it has something to do with the tv. I only get the error for my tv as well. The tv is connected to an avr which is connected to the pc.
    But my tv outputs 60hz.
    Couldnt try the new version but will when i am home tomorrow evening. Can provide a debug log then, too.

• Scaling must cause the issue. It works on my TV when I set the scaling to 100%. Was 125% percent before. I don't know how the scaling works in windows 10 but is it possible to support scaling while grabbing? Because now I can't read anything :D
    But at least it works, so I have got that going for me which is nice :P

Also, a Hotkey to toggle the grabber on/off would be nice. :)

• I just confirm that the issue is the scaling, I've tried again to set it to 100% and it works.
    Note that in order to make it work I had to restart the machine, just doing a log out as recommended by windows is not enough.

Let me know if somehow I can help with a fix to this issue with the scaling and also to make it work with any application other than dx9 :)

• Wish I would have known about this grabber a long time ago, I have been sitting with a broken ambilight since Oct 2015. I just put in the IP and ran the app, and my LEDs turned on! Wow this is incredible.

I use a tv as my monitor and watch tv/movies in media center. win7 64bit, 1080p
    I havent found any demo videos to run yet, but I just wanted to report my excitement :)

I did notice a problem though, kind of a big deal to me, when I play anything in windows media center the LEDs all go black. So close, but so far.
    VLC, and windows media player both work with the windows grabber but I need media center for all the delicious features such as commercial auto skip, 2 week epg, etc. I am guessing it is a video overlay issue of some sort. Is there anything I can put in the config to make media center video get sent to hyperion?

New Hardware that doesn't work properly since 2020:
    202 APA102 Leds with 10amp power supply
    RPi 4 with power supply
    Windows Grabber, Win10 64bit PC
    Ubiquity Unifi Network

Old Hardware that never worked properly since 2014:
    137 ws2801 LEDs
    HDMI splitter
    HD2AV (NTSC video source)
    STK1160
    rpi2 with OSMC

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von LooseChange ()

• After using the windows grabber a lot the past weeks I must say I really like how accurate the colours are.
    But some things bother me:

• It causes a lot of CPU load. About 12% on an i5 6600K.
    • It doesn't work on some games and just produces white (Rocket League DX9)
    • On Ark - Survival Evolved (DX11 I think) it works but causes stuttering. The game is still rendered with 30+ fps but the display output is maybe half of that.
    • It doesn't support scaling in Windows 10

Following features would really benefit the experience and usability:

• lower cpu usage/more efficient display capturing
    • Scaling support
    • automatic disabling when screen can't be captured (this way a physical usb grabber can be used as fallback)
    • Hot-Key to enable/disable, maybe the possibility to exclude programs from being captured

Otherwise I really like it. Its faster than the bulky adapter-usbgrabber-chain and has really great colour reproduction. Its just not perfect yet.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Added setup window for it today for easy setup, it gets launched on first start (no config) or manually from context menu:

https://github.com/hanselb/HyperionScreenCap/pull/11

For testing only here's a binary :coffee:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aik_1r9bUPQAihHnUshtTZJpSLk_

Regarding the high CPU load, just as with the monitor index / scaling issue it seems related to the way SlimDX library does the readouts so it might need replacing.

• Hi team,

Firstly, thank you very much to Hyperion Staff, you are awesome, I can work with APA102 and RPi2 like a charm!
    On the other hand, thanks to Rick and djhansel for the Windows Grabber, it could be the perfect addon for Windows PCs.

I have Windows 10 Prof. x64 (Anniversary Update) and I have installed the last release from djhansel repository (v1.4) without issues, my config is:

Where 192.168.2.4 is the IP Address on my RPi (I have changed only this, the other options are by default), when I save and close, the Screen Grabber is change to Enabled status, however, my leds strip are grabbing the Kodi (OSMC) and not my PC, do you know what I'm doing bad? Should I change the Port?

HyperCon works without issues, connecting via SSH... :(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!